Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Enfuse is Enfuse is Enfuse- Or is it?

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 51 , Oct 18, 2009
      Sorry for the long delay in responding.

      Actually, I wrote a long note to hugin-ptx forum almost two
      years ago describing a better methodology for your management
      of your version of Open Source programming but was ignored.
      And every time I tried to converse with you and others about
      problems I was having trying to get hugin to run, I was ridiculed
      for not having a good computer and being unable to deal with the
      complexities of running a computer program.

      So I stopped whining about no reliable hugin builds for Windows
      then and bought PTGui and there by was able to get some work done.

      So your assertion that I was whining about not having a reliable Windows
      build is unfounded. I was only alluding to the confused state of your
      development program for hugin.

      I no longer whine about hugin not having reliable Windows builds because
      I wouldn't touch hugin with a ten foot virtual pole.

      A cost/benifit analysis of the work necessary to build a working version
      of hugin from your hairballs -- oops sorry -- tarballs showed me that
      I could buy PTGui for about an hour and a half of my time rather than
      spending days gathering the necessary tools and trying to compile hugin
      without any assurance of success in producing something that would be useful.

      Plus I've spent the last 25 year as a software engineer earning a living fixing
      other peoples garbage software so they could look brilliant and now I find
      no pleasure in the process. I leave that to the amateur enthusiast to enjoy.

      Bruno Postle wrote:
      > On Mon 05-Oct-2009 at 10:37 -0700, Ken Warner wrote:
      >> http://panospace.wordpress.com/downloads/#devel
      >>
      >> Thank you for looking at this download page. It only provides links to
      >> download locations, *most of them unofficial and unsupported*.
      >> Make sure you understand what you are doing by looking around and reading
      >> the context provided. Follow links, google keywords.
      >
      > Ah, I thought you claimed to have some wonderful insight that can
      > improve our development process, but it appears that you can only
      > whine about the supply of Windows installers.
      >
      > Who exactly do you think should be creating Windows installers for
      > you? Please name them, and even better go and complain to them
      > directly.

    • Ken Warner
      Message 51 of 51 , Oct 18, 2009