[OT][OSX] ImageFuser 0.7.2.3 released

  • Harry van der Wolf
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2009
      Hi mac users,

      I just released a new version of ImageFuser, my Gui for enfuse and
      align_image_stack. This version is only a bugfix.

      Changelog:
      * Bugfix: loading of images to table often makes the system hang on Snow
      Leopard 10.6. This occasionally happens also on 10.5. It is an undocumented
      Apple bug in the table function. This has now been corrected. [1]
      * Bugfix: Final exiftool step didn't handle spaces in paths and images
      correctly.
      * Bugfix: enfuse had a bug that it didn't handle the Saturation option
      correctly. That has been fixed.

      *Note: This version is not tested on Tiger. End June my macbook crashed. I
      had a dual-boot system to work in Leopard and Tiger. After 6 weeks without
      mac I got myself another one. But I don't have Tiger anymore. Issues in the
      past that sometimes occurred when built on Leopard was the fact that the
      openening images didn't work, but you could still drop files onto the table.
      I'm looking for a solution for Tiger but it's not my highest priority.*

      Further info, screenshots and download: Go to my website
      <http://panorama.dyndns.org/index.php?lang=en&subject=ImageFuser&texttag=
      ImageFuser>

      Hoi,
      Harry

      [1]: For the more curious: Table views are automatically updated on "event
      basis". If something happens, like a mouse movement over a table or
      something else, the table view is updated. This is a very nice mechanism.
      There is however one bug: when an image cell is being populated, a table
      view update will make the application "hang". This is nowhere documented in
      the Apple documentation and a longstanding bug. I found it at last in some
      developer forum. I wonder if Apple will ever release a bugfix. It never
      happens on tiger (as far as I know), it sporadically happens on Leopard, it
      happens a lot on Snow Leopard (I don't know why one version is more
      sensitive than the other). Something with timing I think. When you drag
      images onto the table or just load images and you leave your mouse "over"
      the table, even a 1 pixel movement at the wrong moment can make the
      application hang.
      The hard-coded fix disables "table view updates" just before loading the
      image and enables it again after the image has been loaded.