Axalp-Ebenfluh air force firing range

  • pepoloe
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2009
      Hi all,
      wanted to share some panoramas from the Axalp, Switzerland.
      On Wednesday October 7 2009, the annual flight demonstration by the Swiss Air Force took place at Axalp-Ebenfluh air force firing range above Brienz. The Swiss Air Force's Axalp Demonstration is a unique event in Europe where you can see Swiss fighter jets (F/A-18C Hornet and F-5E Tiger II) flying very close to spectators and shooting to a firing F-18 landing and cow pastures in the background range. The Ebenfluh firing range is found at the top of the Axalphorn mountain in Switzerland's Bernese Oberland at an altitude of 2250m.

      http://www.360cities.net/search/axalp

      Cheers ET
    • Nathan Gutman
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2009
        How do you successfully stitch images when you have moving subjects such
        as people, airplanes or other?
        Nathan

      • mczet99@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2009
          The most used method is to export your panno into a Photoshop file with
          layers, and then you can alpha brush things out that you don't want there.

          PTgui has a good tutorial on how to do this.

          http://www.ptgui.com/examples/postprocessing/

          Nathan Gutman wrote:
          > How do you successfully stitch images when you have moving subjects such
          > as people, airplanes or other?
          > Nathan
          >
          > pepoloe wrote:
          >>

          >> Hi all,
          >> wanted to share some panoramas from the Axalp, Switzerland.
          >> On Wednesday October 7 2009, the annual flight demonstration by the
          >> Swiss Air Force took place at Axalp-Ebenfluh air force firing range
          >> above Brienz. The Swiss Air Force's Axalp Demonstration is a unique
          >> event in Europe where you can see Swiss fighter jets (F/A-18C Hornet
          >> and F-5E Tiger II) flying very close to spectators and shooting to a
          >> firing F-18 landing and cow pastures in the background range. The
          >> Ebenfluh firing range is found at the top of the Axalphorn mountain in
          >> Switzerland's Bernese Oberland at an altitude of 2250m.
          >>
          >> http://www.360cities.net/search/axalp
          >> <http://www.360cities.net/search/axalp>
          >>
          >> Cheers ET

        • pepoloe
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 14, 2009
            Right,
            this is exactly what I do in such cases, use Photoshop and try to fix it far as possible.
            Of course it would be easier to use the fisheye, but would you see and details in the distance? probably not, therefore I prefer to use the 24mm lens and take 3 rows at minimum or 50mm with 6 rows.
            i.e like this panorama I took at 50mm:
            http://www.360cities.net/image/switzerland-axalp-flight-demonstration

            In that case I reduced it to 30k to not exceed the JPG limit...