Re: Some coaching please on using HDR

  • Paul Fretheim
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2009
      I usually use 7 shots .7 f stops apart. Sometimes I have used 9 shots 1
      f stop apart if there are especially dark and bright areas in the image.

      I use a 15 mm FX lens on my D200 often, which means I shoot 3 or even 4
      rows of 12 shots each times the bracketing number of shots, so for some
      of my panoramas I have shot 504 images that get fused and stitched in
      PTGui into one equirectangular image. This can take a few hours with my
      2 gighrz quad core running in 64 bit mode with 8 gigs of RAM.

      It would be interesting to try the same thing with 32 gigs of faster
      RAM. I think mine is DDR2 800 but my board can handle up to DDR2 1066.

      Paul Fretheim