Re: [PanoToolsNG] flash

  • Pat Swovelin
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
      On 10/2/2009 11:45 AM, crane@...'s hamster got loose on the
      keyboard and typed ...:
      > anybody else struggling with flash ?

      It's not Flash per se, rather it runs/plays in Flash. Working in
      Pano2VR/FPP/KRpano/PanoSalado to create Flash panos one never works in
      or with, Flash. In the latter 3 it's XML. Which is English for
      pain-in-the-butt-to-learn. =8^)

      > started by using krpano etc.
      >
      > I thought a good exercise would be to do a game.
      > because I've not really made any effort recently I have some comprehension
      > problems with the object oriented concept.
      > I'm trying to get my thing to work with loops but there aren't enough
      > conditions
      > that I can find for all the possibilities that occur.. problem that.!
      > I like the way objects attributes can be discovered directly but it's
      > not really
      > helping with all the "what if's"
      > tips appreciated.
      >
      > regards
      >
      > mick

      Pat Swovelin
      Cool Guy @ Large
    • Trausti Hraunfjord
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2009
        Dear Hamster,

        Running too much in the mill, you forgot that FPP does not have to be all
        about xml. There is Flashificator, the GUI for FPP, eliminating the need to
        have anything to do with xml.

        Dunno what hamsters are thinking these days! :)

        Trausti

        On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:

        > On 10/2/2009 11:45 AM, crane@... <crane%40ukonline.co.uk>'s
        > hamster got loose on the
        > keyboard and typed ...:
        >
        > > anybody else struggling with flash ?
        >
        > It's not Flash per se, rather it runs/plays in Flash. Working in
        > Pano2VR/FPP/KRpano/PanoSalado to create Flash panos one never works in
        > or with, Flash. In the latter 3 it's XML. Which is English for
        > pain-in-the-butt-to-learn. =8^)
        >
        > Pat Swovelin
        > Cool Guy @ Large

      • Pat Swovelin
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2009
          On 10/3/2009 4:15 AM, Trausti Hraunfjord's hamster got loose on the
          keyboard and typed ...:
          > Dear Hamster,
          >
          > Running too much in the mill, you forgot that FPP does not have to be all
          > about xml. There is Flashificator, the GUI for FPP, eliminating the
          > need to
          > have anything to do with xml.

          And there's SpinControl for PanoSalado. My point was you're not working
          in Flash you're creating something that runs in Flash..

          > Dunno what hamsters are thinking these days! :)
          >
          > Trausti
          >
          > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...>
          > wrote:
          >

          >> On 10/2/2009 11:45 AM, crane@... <crane%40ukonline.co.uk>'s
          >> hamster got loose on the
          >> keyboard and typed ...:
          >>
          >>> anybody else struggling with flash ?
          >> It's not Flash per se, rather it runs/plays in Flash. Working in
          >> Pano2VR/FPP/KRpano/PanoSalado to create Flash panos one never works in
          >> or with, Flash. In the latter 3 it's XML. Which is English for
          >> pain-in-the-butt-to-learn. =8^)

          Pat Swovelin
          Cool Guy @ Large
        • Trausti Hraunfjord
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2009
            And now we have managed to make multiple points :)

          • crane@ukonline.co.uk
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 5, 2009
              I sort of got my exercise working. I learnt quite a bit . I think that there is
              a lot to do with flash and it's time line thingy is quite friendly.
              I haven't got to grips with the way to do things but hey.
              http://panagito.com/
              the top post about a game 2nd link.
              I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me how to do transparent object
              movies in flash. I did one adapting something I bought. why doesn't the garden
              gnome guy do transparent flash object movies please ( pretty please, with knobs
              on and sugar on top )

              regards

              mick