Re: Illusional rooms

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2009

      > > Japanese artist Tatzu Nishi turns civic monuments into weird interior features of temporary "rooms"
      > > http://www.boingboing.net/2009/09/02/tatzu-nishis-weirdly.html

      > panorama link =
      > http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace.htm

      Here is the other statue he has turned into a "room"
      http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace2.htm

      This is what the statue looked like before
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/sftrajan/3722446870/

      if you open the cupboard in the room you see the horse's head.

      Peter M
    • Pat Swovelin
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2009
        On 10/2/2009 6:59 PM, panovrx's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
        typed ...:
        >>> Japanese artist Tatzu Nishi turns civic monuments into weird
        >>> interior features of temporary "rooms"
        >>> http://www.boingboing.net/2009/09/02/tatzu-nishis-weirdly.html
        >> panorama link =
        >> http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace.htm
        >

        > Here is the other statue he has turned into a "room"
        > http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace2.htm

        What interesting things Tatzu does to existing artwork.

        > This is what the statue looked like before
        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/sftrajan/3722446870/
        >
        > if you open the cupboard in the room you see the horse's head.
        >
        > Peter M

        Pat Swovelin
        Cool Guy @ Large
      • luca vascon
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2009
          Great!!!
          Whatever interferes with space and perception is taking my soul.
          :-)
          Lucky you Peter, you could take the panos!!!

          2009/10/3 Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...>

          > On 10/2/2009 6:59 PM, panovrx's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
          > typed ...:
          > >> panorama link =
          > >> http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace.htm
          > >

          > > Here is the other statue he has turned into a "room"
          > > http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace2.htm
          >
          > What interesting things Tatzu does to existing artwork.
          >
          > > This is what the statue looked like before
          > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/sftrajan/3722446870/
          > >
          > > if you open the cupboard in the room you see the horse's head.
          > >
          > > Peter M
          >

          > Pat Swovelin
          > Cool Guy @ Large

          Luca Vascon.

          www.canalview.it
          www.officinepanottiche.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2009
            Quoting luca vascon <luca.vascon@...>:

            > Great!!!
            > Whatever interferes with space and perception is taking my soul.
            > :-)
            > Lucky you Peter, you could take the panos!!!

            brilliant!!

          • crane@ukonline.co.uk
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2009
              Quoting luca vascon <luca.vascon@...>:

              > Great!!!
              > Whatever interferes with space and perception is taking my soul.
              > :-)
              > Lucky you Peter, you could take the panos!!!

              it's like that scene in close encounters where he make a big model of the
              mountain in his front room.

            • Keith Martin
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2009
                Sometime around 3/10/09 (at 11:52 +0200) luca vascon said:

                >Whatever interferes with space and perception is taking my soul.

                Heh. Then lose your soul here:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7I5O-YsUL4

                Watch the whole thing, but particularly from about 6:20 through to
                7:20 or so. Major altered-reality party event.

                I've just been invited to go to the last night of Carnyville 2009
                tonight, so I'm topping up the charge on my camera batteries and
                heading out. Best bit? It happens two blocks from my son's university
                halls of residence, so I've put his name on the guest list!

                :-)