flash

  • crane@ukonline.co.uk
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
      anybody else struggling with flash ?
      started by using krpano etc.

      I thought a good exercise would be to do a game.
      because I've not really made any effort recently I have some comprehension
      problems with the object oriented concept.
      I'm trying to get my thing to work with loops but there aren't enough conditions
      that I can find for all the possibilities that occur.. problem that.!
      I like the way objects attributes can be discovered directly but it's not really
      helping with all the "what if's"
      tips appreciated.

      regards

      mick

    • Pat Swovelin
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
        On 10/2/2009 11:45 AM, crane@...'s hamster got loose on the
        keyboard and typed ...:
        > anybody else struggling with flash ?

        It's not Flash per se, rather it runs/plays in Flash. Working in
        Pano2VR/FPP/KRpano/PanoSalado to create Flash panos one never works in
        or with, Flash. In the latter 3 it's XML. Which is English for
        pain-in-the-butt-to-learn. =8^)

        > started by using krpano etc.
        >
        > I thought a good exercise would be to do a game.
        > because I've not really made any effort recently I have some comprehension
        > problems with the object oriented concept.
        > I'm trying to get my thing to work with loops but there aren't enough
        > conditions
        > that I can find for all the possibilities that occur.. problem that.!
        > I like the way objects attributes can be discovered directly but it's
        > not really
        > helping with all the "what if's"
        > tips appreciated.
        >
        > regards
        >
        > mick

        Pat Swovelin
        Cool Guy @ Large
      • Trausti Hraunfjord
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2009
          Dear Hamster,

          Running too much in the mill, you forgot that FPP does not have to be all
          about xml. There is Flashificator, the GUI for FPP, eliminating the need to
          have anything to do with xml.

          Dunno what hamsters are thinking these days! :)

          Trausti

          On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:

          > On 10/2/2009 11:45 AM, crane@... <crane%40ukonline.co.uk>'s
          > hamster got loose on the
          > keyboard and typed ...:
          >
          > > anybody else struggling with flash ?
          >
          > It's not Flash per se, rather it runs/plays in Flash. Working in
          > Pano2VR/FPP/KRpano/PanoSalado to create Flash panos one never works in
          > or with, Flash. In the latter 3 it's XML. Which is English for
          > pain-in-the-butt-to-learn. =8^)
          >
          > Pat Swovelin
          > Cool Guy @ Large

        • Pat Swovelin
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2009
            On 10/3/2009 4:15 AM, Trausti Hraunfjord's hamster got loose on the
            keyboard and typed ...:
            > Dear Hamster,
            >
            > Running too much in the mill, you forgot that FPP does not have to be all
            > about xml. There is Flashificator, the GUI for FPP, eliminating the
            > need to
            > have anything to do with xml.

            And there's SpinControl for PanoSalado. My point was you're not working
            in Flash you're creating something that runs in Flash..

            > Dunno what hamsters are thinking these days! :)
            >
            > Trausti
            >
            > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...>
            > wrote:
            >

            >> On 10/2/2009 11:45 AM, crane@... <crane%40ukonline.co.uk>'s
            >> hamster got loose on the
            >> keyboard and typed ...:
            >>
            >>> anybody else struggling with flash ?
            >> It's not Flash per se, rather it runs/plays in Flash. Working in
            >> Pano2VR/FPP/KRpano/PanoSalado to create Flash panos one never works in
            >> or with, Flash. In the latter 3 it's XML. Which is English for
            >> pain-in-the-butt-to-learn. =8^)

            Pat Swovelin
            Cool Guy @ Large
          • Trausti Hraunfjord
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2009
              And now we have managed to make multiple points :)

            • crane@ukonline.co.uk
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 5, 2009
                I sort of got my exercise working. I learnt quite a bit . I think that there is
                a lot to do with flash and it's time line thingy is quite friendly.
                I haven't got to grips with the way to do things but hey.
                http://panagito.com/
                the top post about a game 2nd link.
                I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me how to do transparent object
                movies in flash. I did one adapting something I bought. why doesn't the garden
                gnome guy do transparent flash object movies please ( pretty please, with knobs
                on and sugar on top )

                regards

                mick