Re: [PanoToolsNG] Pano in MVR format ?????

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
      QTVR MOV file? Client mixing up things?

      On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 12:32 PM, johngibbel <newsgroups@...>wrote:

      > I am pretty new to the 360 pano world and have a client asking if I can
      > deliver a finished 360 pano in MVR format. I use Autopano pro and Cubic
      > Converter but never heard of a MVR file as a finished 360 they can just drop
      > into there web site.
      >
      > Any idea's?
      >
      > john

    • johngibbel
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
        I found a little more info.. It was a IBM format.

        IBM HotMedia virtual tour format and was discontinued. I read it was a free program. I am not sure if it worked on the mac but anyone work with it?

        > Closet online research gets, is a linear mpeg video format.
        >
        > The client most likely does not understand what he is getting, or that 360s
        > are interactive and not just a video that pans around slowly.
        >
        > Client education is the next step.
        >

        > Sacha Griffin
        >
        > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
        >
        > http://www.southern-digital.com
        >
        > http://www.seeit360.net
        >
        > GMAIL IM: sachagriffin007@...
        >
        > 404-551-4275

      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
          On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Sacha Griffin <
          sachagriffin@...> wrote:

          > Closet online research gets, is a linear mpeg video format.
          > The client most likely does not understand what he is getting, or that 360s
          > are interactive and not just a video that pans around slowly.
          > Client education is the next step.

          Client and photographers education first,
          before getting to do something professionaly.
          And also for knowing to make prices for a job and charge it right.

          AYRTON

          > Sacha Griffin
          >
          > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
          >
          > http://www.southern-digital.com
          >
          > http://www.seeit360.net
          >
          > GMAIL IM: sachagriffin007@...
          >
          > 404-551-4275

          ------------
          | A Y R |
          | T O N |
        • Hans
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "johngibbel" <newsgroups@...> wrote:

            > I am pretty new to the 360 pano world and have a client asking if I can deliver a finished 360 pano in MVR format. I use Autopano pro and Cubic Converter but never heard of a MVR file as a finished 360 they can just drop into there web site.
            >
            > Any idea's?

            The MVR IBM Hotmedia format was a Java format from the 90's
            http://www.panoguide.com/products/ibm/hotmedia/features/

            One of the best known hotmedia virtual Tours is the State Hermitage Museum in Leningrad, sorry St Petersburg
            http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/html_En/08/hm88_0.html

            They do not use MVR in the name, I do not quite remember if MVR was an internal format (like .pts) or if there actual was a file format for web with the ending .mvr

            Anyhow it should belong to the Museum of virtual panoramas.

            BTW if you look at the Museum panoramas you could say that the viewer has the same projection as the one now called architectural in KRpano.

            Nothing is new .

            Hans
          • Pat Swovelin
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
              On 10/2/2009 10:37 AM, Sacha Griffin's hamster got loose on the keyboard
              and typed ...:
              > Closet online research gets, is a linear mpeg video format.
              >
              > The client most likely does not understand what he is getting, or that
              > 360s
              > are interactive and not just a video that pans around slowly.

              That's why autorotation is a bad idea. People think it's a video and
              will sit there and watch it.

              > Client education is the next step.
              >

              > Sacha Griffin
              >
              > Southern Digital Solutions LLC