[PanoToolsNG] Leica M9 + Nikon 10.5 Fisheye ??

  • Thomas Krueger
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 2, 2009
      Thinking about upgrading my camera and downsizing the camera bag...

      The Leica M9 could be an alternative, if it's possible to mount the shaved
      Nikon 10.5 Fisheye. Novoflex offers an adapter for this combination, the
      LEM/NIK.
      http://www.novoflex.com/en/products/adapters/adapter-finder/

      Anybody - Luca Vascon, Andrew Nemeth ?? - has tested such a combination with
      one of the older analogue M Leicas like the M7 or M6?

      -----
      Greetings, Thomas - http://www.thomaskrueger.eu thomaskrueger.eu
    • luca vascon
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 2, 2009
        I had an M6.
        I'm very very very happy do have been able to get rid of it!
        :-)

        So..
        When I saw M8 chart I thought, well, it would be great!!!
        Then I saw the thing.
        You have to dismantle the camera ass to change SD or battery.

        I had the novoflex Contax to Leica.
        Worked well.
        I still have it.
        First M9 I get in my hands will recieve a 16mm Contax Fisheye Distagon to
        make a panotry.

        2009/10/2 Thomas Krueger <krueger@...>

        > Thinking about upgrading my camera and downsizing the camera bag...
        >
        > The Leica M9 could be an alternative, if it's possible to mount the shaved
        > Nikon 10.5 Fisheye. Novoflex offers an adapter for this combination, the
        > LEM/NIK.
        > http://www.novoflex.com/en/products/adapters/adapter-finder/
        >
        > Anybody - Luca Vascon, Andrew Nemeth ?? - has tested such a combination
        > with
        > one of the older analogue M Leicas like the M7 or M6?
        >

        > -----
        > Greetings, Thomas - http://www.thomaskrueger.eu thomaskrueger.eu

        Luca Vascon.

        www.canalview.it
        www.officinepanottiche.com

      • Carl von Einem
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 2, 2009
          My "Zeiss Ikon SW" body has the same Leica M bayonet. If I had a shaved
          10.5 (instead i "only" have a 8mm Nikkor) I could visit Novoflex in
          Memmingen to try out that adapter. That would be a fun project.
          Only who in southern Germany has a shaved 10.5?

          Carl

          Posted by: "Thomas Krueger"

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 2, 2009
            Is Venice southern Germany, as Munchen is northern Italy?!
            :-D

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 2, 2009
              Carl von Einem wrote:

              > That would be a fun project.
              > Only who in southern Germany has a shaved 10.5?

              Take an unshaved one. You see the lens shade in the image, but for a
              test it should suffice...

              best regards
            • Ken Warner
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 2, 2009
                Down sizing your cash pile also eh\ :-?

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 2, 2009
                  In October I will be some days at Augsburg, coming from Switzerland I will
                  drive through Memmingen - and I have a shaved 10.5 Nikon.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 2, 2009
                    Quoting luca vascon <luca.vascon@...>:

                    > Is Venice southern Germany, as Munchen is northern Italy?!
                    > :-D

                    Ha Ha, italy is the Boot of Germany, don't they teach you anything at school ?
                    ;-P
                    regards

                    mick

                  • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 2, 2009
                      Quoting crane@...:

                      > Quoting luca vascon <luca.vascon@...>:
                      >
                      > > Is Venice southern Germany, as Munchen is northern Italy?!
                      > > :-D
                      >
                      > Ha Ha, italy is the Boot of Germany, don't they teach you anything at school

                      I made a little bit of a study years ago, I read that Venice came about because
                      it was idealy situated as a go between place for the silk/spice route trading
                      from the east and then added value on to Germany.

                    • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 2, 2009
                        > it was idealy situated as a go between place for the silk/spice route
                        > trading
                        > from the east and then added value on to Germany.

                        I think the silk route came from the east to levant which I supppose is
                        palestine or what's left of it and they shipped it out from there.

                      • Carl von Einem
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 2, 2009
                          Posted by: "luca vascon"

                          > Is Venice southern Germany, as Munchen is northern Italy?!
                          > :-D

                          Exactly! :-)

                          I didn't have a chance to come and visit your installation because of an
                          urgent job... but how about the Panorama Laundry Lagoon Meeting?

                          Posted by: "Thomas Krueger"

                          > In October I will be some days at Augsburg, coming from
                          > Switzerland I will drive through Memmingen - and I have
                          > a shaved 10.5 Nikon.

                          Let's meet in Memmingen!

                          Carl

                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 3, 2009