Re: Illusional rooms

  • jrgen_schrader
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
      Thats too good to be true :)
      Thanks for sharing.

      Jürgen

      > Japanese artist Tatzu Nishi turns civic monuments into weird interior features of temporary "rooms"
      > http://www.boingboing.net/2009/09/02/tatzu-nishis-weirdly.html
      >
      > In Sydney currently he has created rooms over two large equestrian statues that stand outside the state Art Gallery -- you can go up ramps to view the rooms.
      > http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/media/current/tatzu_nishi
      >
      > Here is one of the rooms that I shot as a panorama yesterday
      > http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/media/current/tatzu_nishi
      >
      > Here is another kind of illusional room, a tilted room
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqEjatCSe0
      > It would be a good subject for a panorama too I think
      >
      > Peter M

    • Mark D. Fink
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2009
        Honey, the horse is stealing all the sheets - again... :o)

        Great pano!

        Mark
        www.northernlight.net
        www.pinnacle-vr.com

      • panovrx
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2009

          > > Japanese artist Tatzu Nishi turns civic monuments into weird interior features of temporary "rooms"
          > > http://www.boingboing.net/2009/09/02/tatzu-nishis-weirdly.html

          > panorama link =
          > http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace.htm

          Here is the other statue he has turned into a "room"
          http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace2.htm

          This is what the statue looked like before
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/sftrajan/3722446870/

          if you open the cupboard in the room you see the horse's head.

          Peter M
        • Pat Swovelin
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 2, 2009
            On 10/2/2009 6:59 PM, panovrx's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
            typed ...:
            >>> Japanese artist Tatzu Nishi turns civic monuments into weird
            >>> interior features of temporary "rooms"
            >>> http://www.boingboing.net/2009/09/02/tatzu-nishis-weirdly.html
            >> panorama link =
            >> http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace.htm
            >

            > Here is the other statue he has turned into a "room"
            > http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace2.htm

            What interesting things Tatzu does to existing artwork.

            > This is what the statue looked like before
            > http://www.flickr.com/photos/sftrajan/3722446870/
            >
            > if you open the cupboard in the room you see the horse's head.
            >
            > Peter M

            Pat Swovelin
            Cool Guy @ Large
          • luca vascon
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2009
              Great!!!
              Whatever interferes with space and perception is taking my soul.
              :-)
              Lucky you Peter, you could take the panos!!!

              2009/10/3 Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...>

              > On 10/2/2009 6:59 PM, panovrx's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
              > typed ...:
              > >> panorama link =
              > >> http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace.htm
              > >

              > > Here is the other statue he has turned into a "room"
              > > http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace2.htm
              >
              > What interesting things Tatzu does to existing artwork.
              >
              > > This is what the statue looked like before
              > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/sftrajan/3722446870/
              > >
              > > if you open the cupboard in the room you see the horse's head.
              > >
              > > Peter M
              >

              > Pat Swovelin
              > Cool Guy @ Large

              Luca Vascon.

              www.canalview.it
              www.officinepanottiche.com

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2009
                Quoting luca vascon <luca.vascon@...>:

                > Great!!!
                > Whatever interferes with space and perception is taking my soul.
                > :-)
                > Lucky you Peter, you could take the panos!!!

                brilliant!!

              • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 3, 2009
                  Quoting luca vascon <luca.vascon@...>:

                  > Great!!!
                  > Whatever interferes with space and perception is taking my soul.
                  > :-)
                  > Lucky you Peter, you could take the panos!!!

                  it's like that scene in close encounters where he make a big model of the
                  mountain in his front room.

                • Keith Martin
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 3, 2009
                    Sometime around 3/10/09 (at 11:52 +0200) luca vascon said:

                    >Whatever interferes with space and perception is taking my soul.

                    Heh. Then lose your soul here:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7I5O-YsUL4

                    Watch the whole thing, but particularly from about 6:20 through to
                    7:20 or so. Major altered-reality party event.

                    I've just been invited to go to the last night of Carnyville 2009
                    tonight, so I'm topping up the charge on my camera batteries and
                    heading out. Best bit? It happens two blocks from my son's university
                    halls of residence, so I've put his name on the guest list!

                    :-)