Re: Illusional rooms

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009

      > Japanese artist Tatzu Nishi turns civic monuments into weird interior features of temporary "rooms"
      > http://www.boingboing.net/2009/09/02/tatzu-nishis-weirdly.html
      >
      > In Sydney currently he has created rooms over two large equestrian statues that stand outside the state Art Gallery -- you can go up ramps to view the rooms.
      > http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/media/current/tatzu_nishi
      >
      > Here is one of the rooms that I shot as a panorama yesterday
      > http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/media/current/tatzu_nishi
      >
      > Here is another kind of illusional room, a tilted room
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqEjatCSe0
      > It would be a good subject for a panorama too I think
      >
      > Peter M

      panorama link =
      http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace.htm
    • jrgen_schrader
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
        Thats too good to be true :)
        Thanks for sharing.

        Jürgen

        > Japanese artist Tatzu Nishi turns civic monuments into weird interior features of temporary "rooms"
        > http://www.boingboing.net/2009/09/02/tatzu-nishis-weirdly.html
        >
        > In Sydney currently he has created rooms over two large equestrian statues that stand outside the state Art Gallery -- you can go up ramps to view the rooms.
        > http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/media/current/tatzu_nishi
        >
        > Here is one of the rooms that I shot as a panorama yesterday
        > http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/media/current/tatzu_nishi
        >
        > Here is another kind of illusional room, a tilted room
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqEjatCSe0
        > It would be a good subject for a panorama too I think
        >
        > Peter M

      • Mark D. Fink
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2009
          Honey, the horse is stealing all the sheets - again... :o)

          Great pano!

          Mark
          www.northernlight.net
          www.pinnacle-vr.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 2, 2009

            > > Japanese artist Tatzu Nishi turns civic monuments into weird interior features of temporary "rooms"
            > > http://www.boingboing.net/2009/09/02/tatzu-nishis-weirdly.html

            > panorama link =
            > http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace.htm

            Here is the other statue he has turned into a "room"
            http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace2.htm

            This is what the statue looked like before
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/sftrajan/3722446870/

            if you open the cupboard in the room you see the horse's head.

            Peter M
          • Pat Swovelin
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 2, 2009
              On 10/2/2009 6:59 PM, panovrx's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
              typed ...:
              >>> Japanese artist Tatzu Nishi turns civic monuments into weird
              >>> interior features of temporary "rooms"
              >>> http://www.boingboing.net/2009/09/02/tatzu-nishis-weirdly.html
              >> panorama link =
              >> http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace.htm
              >

              > Here is the other statue he has turned into a "room"
              > http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace2.htm

              What interesting things Tatzu does to existing artwork.

              > This is what the statue looked like before
              > http://www.flickr.com/photos/sftrajan/3722446870/
              >
              > if you open the cupboard in the room you see the horse's head.
              >
              > Peter M

              Pat Swovelin
              Cool Guy @ Large
            • luca vascon
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2009
                Great!!!
                Whatever interferes with space and perception is taking my soul.
                :-)
                Lucky you Peter, you could take the panos!!!

                2009/10/3 Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...>

                > On 10/2/2009 6:59 PM, panovrx's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
                > typed ...:
                > >> panorama link =
                > >> http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace.htm
                > >

                > > Here is the other statue he has turned into a "room"
                > > http://www.mediavr.com/warpeace2.htm
                >
                > What interesting things Tatzu does to existing artwork.
                >
                > > This is what the statue looked like before
                > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/sftrajan/3722446870/
                > >
                > > if you open the cupboard in the room you see the horse's head.
                > >
                > > Peter M
                >

                > Pat Swovelin
                > Cool Guy @ Large

                Luca Vascon.

                www.canalview.it
                www.officinepanottiche.com

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 3, 2009
                  Quoting luca vascon <luca.vascon@...>:

                  > Great!!!
                  > Whatever interferes with space and perception is taking my soul.
                  > :-)
                  > Lucky you Peter, you could take the panos!!!

                  brilliant!!

                • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 3, 2009
                    Quoting luca vascon <luca.vascon@...>:

                    > Great!!!
                    > Whatever interferes with space and perception is taking my soul.
                    > :-)
                    > Lucky you Peter, you could take the panos!!!

                    it's like that scene in close encounters where he make a big model of the
                    mountain in his front room.

                  • Keith Martin
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 3, 2009
                      Sometime around 3/10/09 (at 11:52 +0200) luca vascon said:

                      >Whatever interferes with space and perception is taking my soul.

                      Heh. Then lose your soul here:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7I5O-YsUL4

                      Watch the whole thing, but particularly from about 6:20 through to
                      7:20 or so. Major altered-reality party event.

                      I've just been invited to go to the last night of Carnyville 2009
                      tonight, so I'm topping up the charge on my camera batteries and
                      heading out. Best bit? It happens two blocks from my son's university
                      halls of residence, so I've put his name on the guest list!

                      :-)