Re: linked time-series of panoramas

  • Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net
    Message 1 of 64 , Oct 1, 2009
      ...except the fact that this
      http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/comparisons/ doesn't include krpano
      tiled panos, even though I requested it be included there. :(

      Jeffrey Martin
      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

      Re: linked time-series of panoramas
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/33230;_ylc=X3oDMTJzdHBnbmk1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE4MjI3ODQ4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAwNjQ5NgRtc2dJZAMzMzIzMARzZWMDZG1zZwRzbGsDdm1zZwRzdGltZQMxMjU0NDA2MzI3> Posted
      > by: "Trausti Hraunfjord" trausti.hraunfjord@...
      > <trausti.hraunfjord@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20linked%20time-series%20of%20panoramas> blueslander
      > <http://profiles.yahoo.com/blueslander> Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:00 pm (PDT)
      >
      > It is impossible to draw any conclusion from download times of one or the
      > other being better or worse, when the examples are placed on completely
      > different servers, different images, different layouts, different
      > continents, different... the whole thing. That is why
      > http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/comparisons/ is such a darn good
      > initiative. Putting all the eggs in one basket... so to speak. It is the
      > only fair model of comparing the different players there is. Everything
      > else is just "noise" and "opinions".
      >
      > Trausti

    • Hans
      Message 64 of 64 , Oct 1, 2009

        > Sometime around 1/10/09 (at 16:26 +0200) Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net said:
        >
        > >even though I requested it be included there. :(
        >
        > Aww, turn that frown upside down Jeffrey. ;-)
        >
        > Seriously though, it was and is a good point. The reason it isn't
        > included in what's there now is because that is supposed to be an 'as
        > it comes'-style set of comparisons. For the sake of the sanity of the
        > group helping to get this done, if nothing else!
        >
        > But yes, now that that's done there are further things that would be
        > good to show as well.
        >
        > So...
        >
        > Tiled content. Which players support this?

        All flash players does. At least the 4 main ones.
        Pano2VR has it as standard option
        FPP has it by using tiled QTVR
        and KRpano can also do it with QTVR or with tiled cubefaces.

        Tiled multiresolutionn is a completelly different case.

        I get back to why that is not always working as it should.