Painting machine pano

  • panong_jl
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
      http://www.john-law.org.uk/standard/pm/index.html

      You may be interested in this pano of an exhibit at the current MA show here at the art school in Bath. It shows a 'painting machine' which throws paint around the walls of a closed room. The only way to readily pano it was using a horizontal pole.

      Thanks to the tutorial on http://360texas.com/tips/hpolepano/index.htm I was able to make something usable.

      You see the room from above with participants to the side as usual.
      The young artist gazes steadily at his creation while the old artist peers anxiously at the apparatus wondering if his camera will fall into the plaster below.

      Using a D3 with 10.5 Nikkor on a pole incorporating a 360p head, manfrotto monopod and some tube left by the plumber, 4 images: up, left, down and right were taken in a vertical plane. These were then corrected using PTGui and published using KRPano, two excellent toolkits which get better all the time!

      JL
    • luca vascon
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
        as soon as you come here I'll make you a speedy WashingMachinePano course...
        Included retouching, levelling and Shot To Remove Yourself!
        ;-P

        However D3 and 360 P, unless you mean the ring, are a bit too heavy for
        these tricks;-P

        2009/10/1 panong_jl <mondrian@...>

        > http://www.john-law.org.uk/standard/pm/index.html
        >
        > You may be interested in this pano of an exhibit at the current MA show
        > here at the art school in Bath. It shows a 'painting machine' which throws
        > paint around the walls of a closed room. The only way to readily pano it was
        > using a horizontal pole.
        >
        > Thanks to the tutorial on http://360texas.com/tips/hpolepano/index.htm I
        > was able to make something usable.
        >
        > You see the room from above with participants to the side as usual.
        > The young artist gazes steadily at his creation while the old artist peers
        > anxiously at the apparatus wondering if his camera will fall into the
        > plaster below.
        >
        > Using a D3 with 10.5 Nikkor on a pole incorporating a 360p head, manfrotto
        > monopod and some tube left by the plumber, 4 images: up, left, down and
        > right were taken in a vertical plane. These were then corrected using PTGui
        > and published using KRPano, two excellent toolkits which get better all the
        > time!
        >

        > JL

        Luca Vascon.

        www.canalview.it
        www.officinepanottiche.com

      • ptgroup
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
          Luca: when does your course start ??????
          I would attend :)

          Ciao
          Mike

          ----------------------------
          ----------------------------
          360? VR Fotografie:
          http://www.360de.de

          NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
          http://www.abstraktfoto.de
          -----------------------------
          Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
          http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
            As soon as you are here!
            :-DD

            2009/10/1 ptgroup <ptgroup@...>

            > Luca: when does your course start ??????
            > I would attend :)
            >
            > Ciao
            > Mike
            >
            > ----------------------------
            > ----------------------------
            > 360? VR Fotografie:
            > http://www.360de.de
            >
            > NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
            > http://www.abstraktfoto.de
            > Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
            > http://virtugraf.wordpress.com

          • Thomas Krueger
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
              Is this an invitation to the upcoming 2009 Panorama Laundry Lagoon Meeting?

              -----
              Greetings, Thomas - http://www.thomaskrueger.eu thomaskrueger.eu
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
                yeeeeeeeeeeees!