Re: linked time-series of panoramas

  • krpanocoder
    Message 1 of 64 , Sep 30, 2009
      for me here in austria (with an 8mbit dsl connection) the situation is as follow:

      in this pano:

      > http://www.360cities.net/image/hydroelectric-power-plant-mirejovice-control-room-gigapixel

      the first sharp tiles are there within the first seconds (1-3),
      and the full view is ready within more 1-2 seconds, and while panning around the loading of the new tiles is also fast and they are there after 0-1 seconds,

      here:

      > http://www.panoramas.dk/2009/Ngau-Tau-Kok-hongkong.html

      it takes also 1-3 seconds for the first visible parts, but then it takes longer to load for the rest (up to more than 10 seconds),
      and the panning while loading is much slower and it will slow down the download even more...

      beside of this - the examples are not very good comparable, the 360cities example load a lot of thumbs and a google map (the google map itself will also load a lot of small files) at the beginning and the other example load the thumbs and the other elements when the loading of the pano was done...

      best regards,
      Klaus
    • Hans
      Message 64 of 64 , Oct 1, 2009

        > Sometime around 1/10/09 (at 16:26 +0200) Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net said:
        >
        > >even though I requested it be included there. :(
        >
        > Aww, turn that frown upside down Jeffrey. ;-)
        >
        > Seriously though, it was and is a good point. The reason it isn't
        > included in what's there now is because that is supposed to be an 'as
        > it comes'-style set of comparisons. For the sake of the sanity of the
        > group helping to get this done, if nothing else!
        >
        > But yes, now that that's done there are further things that would be
        > good to show as well.
        >
        > So...
        >
        > Tiled content. Which players support this?

        All flash players does. At least the 4 main ones.
        Pano2VR has it as standard option
        FPP has it by using tiled QTVR
        and KRpano can also do it with QTVR or with tiled cubefaces.

        Tiled multiresolutionn is a completelly different case.

        I get back to why that is not always working as it should.