Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: nikkor 10.5 lens OT?

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2009
      Well.
      I mean that with fisheye you have better balanced piixel stretching, better
      borders, more resolving power, less trouble.
      If you ever try to stitch a multirow panorama with APSC sensor and 16mm
      fisheye, and then one with the zoom level you want of a 10-22 rectilinear,
      having for target the same 16000x8000 fisheye always win, giving you less
      stitching troubles, more quality and less pictures to shot.
      Tokina 10-17 for panos wins over 10-22 Canon in the whole range of both.
      I'm not talking about "web only"shots.

      Although...
      6600 x 3300 from www.canalview.it
      printed as large as 80x160 cm are a pleasure to see...
      :-)

      2009/9/30 Keith Martin <keith@...>

      > Sometime around 30/9/09 (at 17:42 +0200) luca vascon said:
      >
      > >I prefer using fisheyes cos you have less shots for the same ending
      > quality.
      >
      > Yep, certainly when shooting for online delivery.
      >
      > RobLee,
      >
      > As long as your stitched output is at least as high res as your final
      > delivery needs, the only difference a fisheye makes is fewer shots
      > required to capture everything. That difference can be really useful,
      > as the longer it takes to capture a scene the more chance there is
      > for something to screw it up.
      >
      > 'Course, if you need to take more shots (because your lens isn't as
      > madly wide as a fisheye) then you're able to generate a *higher*
      > resolution stitched result. But is that necessary for your needs?

      Luca Vascon.

      www.canalview.it
      www.officinepanottiche.com