Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: linked time-series of panoramas

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 64 , Sep 30, 2009
      For me in Brazil with a 3mb connectionthe link from
      360cities took 12 seconds
      panoramas dk took 4 seconds

      AYRTON

      On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Trausti Hraunfjord <
      trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

      > Hi Jeffrey.... clearly I am out in deep waters when it comes to internet
      > connection speeds (having only 2mbps), but the example you provided took 32
      > seconds to load from the time I clicked the link, until the pano was loaded
      > (just the initial layer).
      >
      > For the sake of comparison, it took 26 seconds to load this pano from Hans'
      > site: http://panoramas.dk/US/dallas--assassination.html<http://panoramas.dk/US/dallas-JFK-assassination.html>
      >
      > That could of course be due to different file sizes, and most likely is...
      > http://panoramas.dk/US/dallas-JFK-assassination.html
      > which is why the comparison project is such a nice thing to have around.
      >

      > Trausti
      >

      > On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net <
      > 360cities@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Hi hans,
      > >
      > > While some fullscreens on 360cities might take longer to load
      > *completely*,
      > > *all* of our panos show you something to look at immediately, no
      > > not the case with panos on your own site. Our panos show up after a
      > > second or two, and the best resolution for your screen shows up after
      > > a few more seconds. You can zoom in to load/view even more detail, if
      > > that pano is such a size. like this one for example
      > >

      > http://www.360cities.net/image/hydroelectric-power-plant-mirejovice-control-room-gigapixel
      > >
      > > So there are pros and cons to everything. I wish you would admit as
      > > much yourself.
      > >
      > > have a good day,
      > > Jeffrey
      > >
      > > Jeffrey Martin
      > > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
      > > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin
      > >
      > > > Re: linked time-series of panoramas
      > > >
      > > > Posted by: "Hans" hans@... <hans%40nyberg.com> panoramicsdk
      > >

      > > > 360cities panos usually take 30-50 sec to load a simple fullscreen view
      > > and they use up to 9 mb for that.
      > > >
      > > > None of the panos at panoramas.dk use more than 3.5mb most of them
      > 1,5-2
      > > mb and they load in 10 sec. And the resolution is enough even for the
      > > largest screens.

      ------------
      | A Y R |
      | T O N |
    • Hans
      Message 64 of 64 , Oct 1, 2009

        > Sometime around 1/10/09 (at 16:26 +0200) Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net said:
        >
        > >even though I requested it be included there. :(
        >
        > Aww, turn that frown upside down Jeffrey. ;-)
        >
        > Seriously though, it was and is a good point. The reason it isn't
        > included in what's there now is because that is supposed to be an 'as
        > it comes'-style set of comparisons. For the sake of the sanity of the
        > group helping to get this done, if nothing else!
        >
        > But yes, now that that's done there are further things that would be
        > good to show as well.
        >
        > So...
        >
        > Tiled content. Which players support this?

        All flash players does. At least the 4 main ones.
        Pano2VR has it as standard option
        FPP has it by using tiled QTVR
        and KRpano can also do it with QTVR or with tiled cubefaces.

        Tiled multiresolutionn is a completelly different case.

        I get back to why that is not always working as it should.