Re: nikkor 10.5 lens OT?

  • guillaume_fulchiron
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2009
      RobLee <roblee007@...> wrote:

      > I use it on D70s and D300
      > thanks!

      Hi RobLee,

      I'd be very interested to see some 360° panos shot with this rectilinear Tokina 11-16. Do you (or someone else here) have any example online ?

      Thank you.

      G.
    • luca vascon
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 30, 2009
        Well.
        I mean that with fisheye you have better balanced piixel stretching, better
        borders, more resolving power, less trouble.
        If you ever try to stitch a multirow panorama with APSC sensor and 16mm
        fisheye, and then one with the zoom level you want of a 10-22 rectilinear,
        having for target the same 16000x8000 fisheye always win, giving you less
        stitching troubles, more quality and less pictures to shot.
        Tokina 10-17 for panos wins over 10-22 Canon in the whole range of both.
        I'm not talking about "web only"shots.

        Although...
        6600 x 3300 from www.canalview.it
        printed as large as 80x160 cm are a pleasure to see...
        :-)

        2009/9/30 Keith Martin <keith@...>

        > Sometime around 30/9/09 (at 17:42 +0200) luca vascon said:
        >
        > >I prefer using fisheyes cos you have less shots for the same ending
        > quality.
        >
        > Yep, certainly when shooting for online delivery.
        >
        > RobLee,
        >
        > As long as your stitched output is at least as high res as your final
        > delivery needs, the only difference a fisheye makes is fewer shots
        > required to capture everything. That difference can be really useful,
        > as the longer it takes to capture a scene the more chance there is
        > for something to screw it up.
        >
        > 'Course, if you need to take more shots (because your lens isn't as
        > madly wide as a fisheye) then you're able to generate a *higher*
        > resolution stitched result. But is that necessary for your needs?

        Luca Vascon.

        www.canalview.it
        www.officinepanottiche.com