Panorama stitching and more. A powerful software package for creation and processing of panoramic images.
In the name of the Hugin team I am proud to announce the immediate availability of the hugin-2009.2.0 source code here:
MAJOR CHANGES SINCE 0.8.0:
* GPU accelerated stitching. Highly experimental. Activate from Files -> Preferences -> Stitching. Depends on a combination of hardware, driver, input images and other factors. Details will be posted in the Hugin FAQ <http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ#GPU-stitching_.28nona.29g
* Improved Preferences panel (Control Point Detectors), with user friendly presets for the most popular choices.
* Improved control of stitching process (Stitcher tab). Hugin now features an additional Exposure fusion -> Blended and fused panorama output option, useful when it is not possible to keep exposure and white balance constant between shots. Tutorial at <http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/auto-exposure/
* Fast Preview shows control points connected with lines - the longest the line the worse the quality (except for vertical and horizontal control lines).
* Streamlined support for libpano. Libpano13 is now required. Discontinued support for legacy libpano12.
* Improved build system.
* Lots of bugfixes, lots of new bugs.
For more information see http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2009.2.0
as well as the README, ChangeLog and INSTALL_cmake files inside the distribution.
This release has been tagged in the subversion repository as /hugin/releases/tag/2009.2.0_rc1 at revision 4464.
SHA1SUM: aaf41867a7face95ec0b8ae753299da75448ed5c hugin-2009.2.0.tar.gz
Binary installers will be provided by the users communities. <http://panospace.wordpress.com/downloads/