OpenView Interactive Pano Project

  • Jeffrey Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2009
      Hi all,

      Just subscribed to this list and wanted to let you know about a
      project I am working on with a few friends.

      We built a 9 camera (canon sd1000) array using the canon CHDK to
      control the cameras, and shot several thousand geotagged and synced
      shots several weeks ago at the burning man festival.

      A photo of the rig is here.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/nym/3948247009/

      We are now working on a script to do the automated processing of these
      into individual geotagged panos. This is mostly manageable at this
      point.

      We have not really put much effort into thinking through a viewer for
      these yet, and so this is the purpose of my mail. We would like to
      build an interactive panorama viewer similar to Google StreetView that
      is navigable and allows us to embed bookmarks in the viewer so the
      user can click to other linked panos or other external resources like
      web pages etc. I have looked at several different open source flash
      based viewers to use as a base, and cant really decide which one to
      start with. Does anyone have any suggestions on this, or would anyone
      like to participate?

      Open Source StreetView ... or just OpenView.

      Jeff
    • discappear
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2009
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Johnson <ortelius@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Just subscribed to this list and wanted to let you know about a
        > project I am working on with a few friends.
        >
        > We built a 9 camera (canon sd1000) array using the canon CHDK to
        > control the cameras, and shot several thousand geotagged and synced
        > shots several weeks ago at the burning man festival.
        >
        > A photo of the rig is here.
        >
        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/nym/3948247009/
        >
        > We are now working on a script to do the automated processing of these
        > into individual geotagged panos. This is mostly manageable at this
        > point.
        >
        > We have not really put much effort into thinking through a viewer for
        > these yet, and so this is the purpose of my mail. We would like to
        > build an interactive panorama viewer similar to Google StreetView that
        > is navigable and allows us to embed bookmarks in the viewer so the
        > user can click to other linked panos or other external resources like
        > web pages etc. I have looked at several different open source flash
        > based viewers to use as a base, and cant really decide which one to
        > start with. Does anyone have any suggestions on this, or would anyone
        > like to participate?
        >
        > Open Source StreetView ... or just OpenView.
        >
        > Jeff

        Nice rigging Jeff. I have someone to put you in the right direction, but he is out of town at the moment. I will get back to you.
        !JohnnyB!