linked time-series of panoramas

  • belmeloro
    Message 1 of 64 , Sep 27, 2009
      I've started taking a linked time-series of panoramas from the same location within the grounds of Shanghai Expo 2010, with the intention of showing construction progress at the Swedish pavilion there (and the surroundings of course.)

      You can see it on http://www.swedenexpo.cn, the website of the Swedish pavilion at Expo 2010 (launched today).

      The engine is KRPano, and the cool thing is that the direction and angle of view is preserved as you switch panos, so you can check out how some details change over time.

      There is still some tweaking to be done (especially re the projection) and it will be interesting to see how it scales, but I am going back out there later today (weather permitting) to take another one and put it up on the site.

      I don't know of other examples of this kind of linked time series, but if they're out there I would love to see them.

      Regards,

      Stefan Geens
      htpp://www.ogleearth.com/
      http://www.360cities.net/profile/stefan-geens
    • Hans
      Message 64 of 64 , Oct 1, 2009

        > Sometime around 1/10/09 (at 16:26 +0200) Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net said:
        >
        > >even though I requested it be included there. :(
        >
        > Aww, turn that frown upside down Jeffrey. ;-)
        >
        > Seriously though, it was and is a good point. The reason it isn't
        > included in what's there now is because that is supposed to be an 'as
        > it comes'-style set of comparisons. For the sake of the sanity of the
        > group helping to get this done, if nothing else!
        >
        > But yes, now that that's done there are further things that would be
        > good to show as well.
        >
        > So...
        >
        > Tiled content. Which players support this?

        All flash players does. At least the 4 main ones.
        Pano2VR has it as standard option
        FPP has it by using tiled QTVR
        and KRpano can also do it with QTVR or with tiled cubefaces.

        Tiled multiresolutionn is a completelly different case.

        I get back to why that is not always working as it should.