Re: SPAM-LOW: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Canon 7D or SONY Alpha 850 - which one would you buy?

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2009
      Well, the story is simple.
      That pan'tilt head was the most cheap way to remote video cameras in the
      studios, it only had 2 speeds, and the weight you could put on was limited
      (keep in mind we are talking about big videocams) So they are not
      "followers", nor thr pro gearv you normally have on a crane, that mimics
      whatever you are doing at the base with the control.
      Ib UK there is someone selling them whith a small hack done, that is
      removing the limit allowing only 180 degrees of pan.
      +- 15 degrees of tilt, unfortunately, is a limt. The whole thing should have
      been projected differently to overcome this.
      Plus is that is working on batteries, in the new units!

      People who built the automate simply took this head
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Camcorder-VX1000-VX2000-VX2100-Pan-and-Tilt-Head_W0QQitemZ390098082871
      and made a controller for it.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/Wireless-Camcorder-Camera-Pan-and-Tilt-Tripod-Head_W0QQitemZ170386966275
      costs less, is smaller and has +- 60 degrees tilt!
      I guess it can be converted to batteries.

      --
      Luca Vascon.

      www.canalview.it
      www.officinepanottiche.com