[PanoToolsNG] Re: Canon 7D or SONY Alpha 850 - which one would you buy?

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 27, 2009
      Sometime around 27/9/09 (at 09:16 +0200) luca vascon said:

      >promote is nikon only...

      Some Promote Systems products are Nikon only, but the Promote Control
      works with Canon as well - as long as you order the right cables.
      Here's a bit from the Promote web site
      (https://www.promotesystems.com/products/Promote-Control.html):

      -----

      Compatibility

      The Promote Control is compatible with digital cameras supporting an
      industry standard PTP/MTP protocol for controlling camera functions
      over USB interface. A non-exhaustive list of supported cameras
      includes the following brands and models:

      Nikon: D3, D3X, D2X, D2Xs, D2H, D2Hs, D200, D300, D700, D40, D40x,
      D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D5000

      Canon: 1D Mark III, 1Ds Mark III, 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50D, 400D,
      450D, 500D, 1000D

      NOTE 1: Canon 5D Mk I, 1D/1Ds Mk I and 1D/1Ds Mk II cameras are not
      supported in HDR mode. Only basic operations such as One-Shot,
      Time-Lapse and Manual Hold are available on these cameras, and would
      require a CN3 cable to be connected. Canon 5D Mark II and 1D/1Ds Mark
      III cameras are fully supported, including HDR mode.

      NOTE 2: On Canon 5D Mark II the longest automatic HDR exposure is
      limited to 30 seconds due to mechanical Bulb mode activation. A
      future Promote Control firmware update will prompt to activate Bulb
      mode manually as required. At this time using a higher ISO setting is
      recommended with Canon 5D Mark II if an exposure longer than 30
      seconds is required in HDR mode.

      -----

      (It is interesting to see the difference between the original Canon
      5D and the 5D mkII; only basic ops on the older model.)

      I should be reviewing this for MacUser very soon. USPS tracking says
      'delivery attempted' at the office...