Canopy in the Clouds Panoramas

  • birds532
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2009
      I have been lurking on this site for the past two years and occasionally posting some rather oddball questions like how to take panos in the top of a tree. Well, after two years, I finally am able to share one of the panoramas that have come out of the project I have been working on in Costa Rica.

      The project, entitled Canopy in the Clouds, seeks to create an innovative way to introduce middle and high school students to the canopy of the Monteverde Cloud Forest in Costa Rica. I have created a series of spherical panoramas both on the forest floor and in the tree canopy to provide an immersive experience. Each panorama features numerous hotspots with educational videos about the forest and the research conducted there.

      Yesterday, the project was featured by National Geographic on one of their blogs and I wanted to share the panorama posted. We will be releasing a complete series of these images later this year but in the meantime, a pair of panoramas is online with hotspots and videos. Be sure to check out the blog for more info and click through to see the panorama.

      The post can be found at:
      http://blogs.nationalgeographic.com/blogs/blogwild/2009/09/cloudy-with-a-chance-of-monkey.html

      Thanks for looking and I look forward to finally being able to get some feedback from this great community.

      I wanted to end with saying a thank you to Matthew at 360Precision for all the support he has provided this project. We would never been able to do it without him.

      Best,
      Drew

      Drew Fulton
      Drew Fulton Photography