Panorama taken at 90C ( 194F) ambient temperature

  • panokaemena@mac.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 16 7:43 AM
      Yesterday I had to take some panoramas under unusual conditions. They
      were take in a Sauna at 90C ( 194F) with 4 shots at F8, 10seconds,
      ISO 200 with a Nikkor 8mm on a D300. As there was almost no light, 10
      sec of exposure time was required plus some time to turn the rig so
      the equipment was exposed to these temperatures for about 1 min. No
      significant temperature rise of the equipment could be observed.

      http://www.360cities.net/image/oldenburg-olantis-huntebad-saunawelt-kelo-erdsauna-germany

      Willy Kaemena

      http://360cities.net/profile/willy-kaemena
      http://360cities.net/area/damascus-syria
      http://360cities.net/area/bremen-germany
      http://360cities.net/area/rio-de-janeiro-brazil-2
      http://360cities.net/area/lisbon-portugal

    • Ron Rack
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 16 7:54 AM
        Willy,
        Sweet lighting there, did you do that or do they actually have lights
        under the benches? Since there is no one in there why did you have to
        shoot it when it was heated up? I don't really see any indication that
        it is hot in there, especially without sweaty bodies?
        Anyway, beautiful job as usual

        ron rack

        On Sep 16, 2009, at 10:43 AM, panokaemena@... wrote:

        > Yesterday I had to take some panoramas under unusual conditions. They
        > were take in a Sauna at 90C ( 194F) with 4 shots at F8, 10seconds,
        > ISO 200 with a Nikkor 8mm on a D300. As there was almost no light, 10
        > sec of exposure time was required plus some time to turn the rig so
        > the equipment was exposed to these temperatures for about 1 min. No
        > significant temperature rise of the equipment could be observed.
        >
        > http://www.360cities.net/image/oldenburg-olantis-huntebad-saunawelt-kelo-erdsauna-germany
        >
        > Willy Kaemena
        >
        > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu268.html
        > http://360cities.net/profile/willy-kaemena
        > http://360cities.net/area/damascus-syria
        > http://360cities.net/area/bremen-germany
        > http://360cities.net/area/rio-de-janeiro-brazil-2
        > http://360cities.net/area/lisbon-portugal

      • Henri Smeets
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 16 7:59 AM
          Good to see your equipment survived but wouldn't it have been easier to shoot
          it with the sauna off!

          Did you acclimatise the camera-lens beforehand to prevent it from foggin'
          up?
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 16 8:14 AM
            The dim light is the cleaning and maintenance light. You can zoom to
            the thermometer on the wall and see the 90C. The first guest are
            coming at 9 in the morning. This had to be done prior to the arrival
            of the first guest. But these saunas have to be heated up a while
            before to reach the temperature and to use low cost energy on low
            demand hours. The humidity was below 10% , so no problem with dew
            point or condensation.

            Willy

          • Carlos Chegado - www.carloschegado.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 16 9:04 AM
              Hehehe,

              I see you are already training for that crystal cave in Mexico!
              Good luck with that.

              Os melhores cumprimentos,
              Best regards,

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              Carlos Chegado

              Olho de Peixe Lda

            • crane@ukonline.co.uk
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 16 9:37 AM
                Quoting panokaemena@...:

                > Yesterday I had to take some panoramas under unusual conditions. They
                > were take in a Sauna at 90C ( 194F) with 4 shots at F8, 10seconds,
                > ISO 200 with a Nikkor 8mm on a D300. As there was almost no light, 10
                > sec of exposure time was required plus some time to turn the rig so
                > the equipment was exposed to these temperatures for about 1 min. No
                > significant temperature rise of the equipment could be observed.

                http://www.360cities.net/image/oldenburg-olantis-huntebad-saunawelt-kelo-erdsauna-germany

                is this a promotional thing ? because there is something missing.
                regards

                mick

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 16 2:27 PM
                  panokaemena wrote:

                  > As there was almost no light, 10
                  > sec of exposure time was required plus some time to turn the rig so
                  > the equipment was exposed to these temperatures for about 1 min. No
                  > significant temperature rise of the equipment could be observed.

                  When I shot the fire panorama at http://pano.erik-krause.de/zmf/ the
                  temperature was possibly higher - and the camera got hot. I had to run
                  away between the shots, otherwise I would have been barbecued...

                  It doesn't look very near - it was about 10m away - and I started
                  shooting when the fire was relatively low. It reached it's maximum hight
                  after a few seconds. Anyone but me moved away or hid behind something.
                  I had several minutes exposure time, since this was shot on 100 ISO
                  analog film.

                  The pile of planks nearer to the fire later was inflamed by the heat
                  radiation. After the last shot I ran for the tripod. The camera had
                  about the temperature of a good cup of coffee and I was grateful for a
                  really cold beer...

                  best regards
                • Roger D. Williams
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 16 4:19 PM
                    Willy, if you REALLY wanted to make it difficult for yourself you
                    could try in again when it has some users in it... <grin>

                    Roger W.

                    --
                    Business: www.adex-japan.com
                    Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 17 6:02 AM
                      But where are those Finnish girls?

                      http://inyopro.com/images/girl.jpg

                      Paul Fretheim
                    • Willy Kaemena
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 17 6:41 AM
                        There are only a few Finnish girls in Germany...

                        and with them it would get toooooo hot for my cam....

                        Willy

                        On Sep 17, 2009, at 15:02, Paul Fretheim wrote:

                        > But where are those Finnish girls?
                        >
                        > http://inyopro.com/images/girl.jpg
                        >
                        > Paul Fretheim

                      • pedro_silva58
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 17 6:57 AM
                          okay, then... where are those german boys? ;-)
                          cheers,
                          pedro

                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

                          > There are only a few Finnish girls in Germany...
                          >
                          > and with them it would get toooooo hot for my cam....
                          >
                          > Willy
                          >

                          > On Sep 17, 2009, at 15:02, Paul Fretheim wrote:
                          >
                          > > But where are those Finnish girls?
                          > >
                          > > http://inyopro.com/images/girl.jpg
                          > >
                          > > Paul Fretheim
                        • Peter Nyfeler
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 19 8:26 AM
                            panokaemena@... schrieb:
                            > Yesterday I had to take some panoramas under unusual conditions. They
                            > were take in a Sauna at 90C ( 194F) with 4 shots at F8, 10seconds,
                            > ISO 200 with a Nikkor 8mm on a D300. As there was almost no light, 10
                            > sec of exposure time was required plus some time to turn the rig so
                            > the equipment was exposed to these temperatures for about 1 min. No
                            > significant temperature rise of the equipment could be observed.
                            >
                            > http://www.360cities.net/image/oldenburg-olantis-huntebad-saunawelt-kelo-erdsauna-germany

                            ..and a little Willy-Ghost is visible in the glass door ;-)

                            Peter
                          • Willy Kaemena
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 19 8:29 AM
                              It is not a ghost... it is the real one behind the glass door
                              ( outside ) with the remote in hand....

                              Willy