Need help in Firefox color management

  • Roberto Mancuso
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2009
      Ciao.

      Some time ago I enabled color management

      typing a string in FF and changing the gfx_color value.

      Is there anyone who remember that command line?

      Tnkx.

      R.

    • Andrew Stagg

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2009
          http://www.carlchapman.com/blog/colour-management/firefox-color-management-changed/
          https://developer.mozilla.org/En/ICC_color_correction_in_Firefox

          Saluti da Genova!

          Roberto Mancuso wrote:

          > Ciao.
          >
          > Some time ago I enabled color management
          >
          > typing a string in FF and changing the gfx_color value.
          >
          > Is there anyone who remember that command line?
          >
          > Tnkx.
          >
          > R.

          -----
          Greetings, Thomas - http://www.thomaskrueger.eu thomaskrueger.eu
        • panocanarias
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2009
            --- Roberto Mancuso <rob.mancuso@...> wrote:

            > Some time ago I enabled color management
            > typing a string in FF and changing the gfx_color value.

            Apropos browser color management:
            a few weeks ago I stumbled across this "Web Browser Color Management Tutorial" :
            http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_page_profile/embeddedJPEGprofiles.html
            Nice and easy way to check/demonstrate if and how color management works with a (your) browser.

            Salu2,
            Klaus
          • Matt Smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 4, 2009
              I was on that same page when I was having troubles in a flash swf and
              the colors were crazy from one monitor to the other on the same
              machine that has color matched screens. I would test my jpg and then
              the swf and then test both Safaris and FF. Long story short. Be
              careful with this rabbit hole. A lot of time can be put into it before
              you fill it up.

              I digressed, the link helped out a lot and enlightened me on issues or
              it shaded my view on what I was seeing.

              Matt Smith
              PhotoSpherix
              317.396.5791