Re: [PanoToolsNG] OT - canon-introduces-first-hybrid-image-stabilization-lens-ef-100mm

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2009
      Never tried a zeiss lens uh?!
      Canon 100 macro old version is nothing special.
      105 micro Nikkor 2.8D was a killer
      100 Zeiss Makro Planar is visibly far better.

      Never got an IS lens, nor ever used AF features after the tragic first
      experience with a Nikon F90X. Then thrown off and upgrafed to F3.
      Small tries with digital Canons always led to big problems.
      Very low trustin in anything automatic concerning a photo camera, as things
      that can be "forgotten on or off" :-)))))
      As the tripod is a Necessory. If you are in reproduction or architecture you
      are with a tripod. Period.
      If you use macro for insects or wildlife you are with flash AND tripod.
      If I'm without tripod I make shure to have enough wine in my blood not to
      shake. And I do not mind to have small shakings in the final image!
      :-D
      I'd like however to have central shutters in the camera, and no mirrors...

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2009
        oooooooh, yessss.
        And Minolta 100 macro was just a bit better than Nikkor, in some situations.
        Minolta had some very good lenses. 70-200f4, the white one, 50mm 1.4 the
        20mm ecc.