Re: [PanoToolsNG] OT - canon-introduces-first-hybrid-image-stabilization-lens-ef-100mm

  • Thomas Krueger
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2009
      The Sony 100mm f/2.8 macro (ExMinolta) is also excellent - but a lot cheaper.
      http://www.photozone.de/Reviews/47-sony-alpha-aps-c/378-sony_100_28

      And Sony states like Canon, that the in-body optical stabilisation system of
      the Alpha 850 delivers up to 4 steps of anti-shake correction with all
      compatible lenses, opening up even greater creative possibilities when
      shooting handheld. This system works with EVERY lens....

      -----
      Greetings, Thomas - http://www.thomaskrueger.eu thomaskrueger.eu
    • luca vascon
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2009
        Never tried a zeiss lens uh?!
        Canon 100 macro old version is nothing special.
        105 micro Nikkor 2.8D was a killer
        100 Zeiss Makro Planar is visibly far better.

        Never got an IS lens, nor ever used AF features after the tragic first
        experience with a Nikon F90X. Then thrown off and upgrafed to F3.
        Small tries with digital Canons always led to big problems.
        Very low trustin in anything automatic concerning a photo camera, as things
        that can be "forgotten on or off" :-)))))
        As the tripod is a Necessory. If you are in reproduction or architecture you
        are with a tripod. Period.
        If you use macro for insects or wildlife you are with flash AND tripod.
        If I'm without tripod I make shure to have enough wine in my blood not to
        shake. And I do not mind to have small shakings in the final image!
        :-D
        I'd like however to have central shutters in the camera, and no mirrors...

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2009
          oooooooh, yessss.
          And Minolta 100 macro was just a bit better than Nikkor, in some situations.
          Minolta had some very good lenses. 70-200f4, the white one, 50mm 1.4 the
          20mm ecc.