Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Latest Enfuse

  • Willy Kaemena
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
      Dont fiddle with the controls in Bracketeer and you will get a 16bit
      tiff output without any problem under 10.6, well at least I could
      achieve that.

      Willy

      On Sep 2, 2009, at 14:59, Keith Martin wrote:

      > Sometime around 2/9/09 (at 12:42 +0000) pangeasoft said:
      >
      > >It is a 100% quality JPEG, so there shouldn't be any noticeable
      > artifacting
      >
      > Good luck Brian. I prefer to stick to a 16-bit TIFF workflow wherever
      > possible, so I might even hold back on upgrading to 10.6 (Gasps from
      > the crowd... I'm normally the first to dive in) until there's a fix.

    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
        Sometime around 2/9/09 (at 15:14 +0200) Willy Kaemena said:

        >Dont fiddle with the controls in Bracketeer

        Good advice. Now that you mention it I rarely do fiddle, and if I
        need a general lighter or darker bias I just add a second instance of
        one of the images. A somewhat simplistic method, but it works. :-)

        10.6, here I come...

      • Roger Howard
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
          On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 12:42:05 -0000, "pangeasoft" <brian@...>
          wrote:
          > Bracketeer 3.3 will crash if you start fiddling with the sliders. The
          > problem is that Enfuse randomly has problems writing out TIFF files on
          > 10.6. Lots of errors get written to the console, and the resulting TIFF
          > file is corrupt. So corrupt that it'll actually cause even Photoshop to
          > crash if you try to load it.
          >
          > The temporary solution was to release Bracketeer 3.3.1 last night which
          > saves out the files as JPEG since Enfuse seems to be able to do that okay
          > on 10.6. It is a 100% quality JPEG, so there shouldn't be any noticeable
          > artifacting, but I'm hoping I can find a version of Enfuse which can
          write
          > out TIFF files on Snow Leopard.

          Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all you have built over the years and have
          no animus towards you for building Bracketeer (quite the opposite, have
          recommended it several times), but isn't this a *perfect* case of where a
          commercial vendor leveraging open source might want to give back by helping
          fix enfuse (or at least make a good build) for the rest of us, rather than
          waiting for someone else to do it?

          -Roger
        • yuval_levy
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger Howard <rogerhoward@...> wrote:
            > fix enfuse (or at least make a good build) for the rest of us, rather
            > than waiting for someone else to do it?

            enfuse, and its twin sibling enblend, are undergoing major changes at the moment. Release 4.0 is around the corner. Andrew, Christoph, and a dozen of volunteers have joined forces. We currently hunting down the bugs <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=123407&atid=696409>

            on a related note, Hugin's next version, 2009.2.0, is in beta now. GPU accelerated stitching (experimental).

            Yuv
          • Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 3, 2009
              Wow, Hugin went from version 0.8 to version 2009. :-)

              Jeffrey Martin
              tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin