[PanoToolsNG] Re: Latest Enfuse

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
      Sometime around 2/9/09 (at 12:42 +0000) pangeasoft said:

      >It is a 100% quality JPEG, so there shouldn't be any noticeable artifacting

      Good luck Brian. I prefer to stick to a 16-bit TIFF workflow wherever
      possible, so I might even hold back on upgrading to 10.6 (Gasps from
      the crowd... I'm normally the first to dive in) until there's a fix.

    • Willy Kaemena
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
        Dont fiddle with the controls in Bracketeer and you will get a 16bit
        tiff output without any problem under 10.6, well at least I could
        achieve that.

        Willy

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
          Sometime around 2/9/09 (at 15:14 +0200) Willy Kaemena said:

          >Dont fiddle with the controls in Bracketeer

          Good advice. Now that you mention it I rarely do fiddle, and if I
          need a general lighter or darker bias I just add a second instance of
          one of the images. A somewhat simplistic method, but it works. :-)

          10.6, here I come...

        • Roger Howard
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
            On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 12:42:05 -0000, "pangeasoft" <brian@...>
            wrote:
            > Bracketeer 3.3 will crash if you start fiddling with the sliders. The
            > problem is that Enfuse randomly has problems writing out TIFF files on
            > 10.6. Lots of errors get written to the console, and the resulting TIFF
            > file is corrupt. So corrupt that it'll actually cause even Photoshop to
            > crash if you try to load it.
            >
            > The temporary solution was to release Bracketeer 3.3.1 last night which
            > saves out the files as JPEG since Enfuse seems to be able to do that okay
            > on 10.6. It is a 100% quality JPEG, so there shouldn't be any noticeable
            > artifacting, but I'm hoping I can find a version of Enfuse which can
            write
            > out TIFF files on Snow Leopard.

            Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all you have built over the years and have
            no animus towards you for building Bracketeer (quite the opposite, have
            recommended it several times), but isn't this a *perfect* case of where a
            commercial vendor leveraging open source might want to give back by helping
            fix enfuse (or at least make a good build) for the rest of us, rather than
            waiting for someone else to do it?

            -Roger
          • yuval_levy
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger Howard <rogerhoward@...> wrote:
              > fix enfuse (or at least make a good build) for the rest of us, rather
              > than waiting for someone else to do it?

              enfuse, and its twin sibling enblend, are undergoing major changes at the moment. Release 4.0 is around the corner. Andrew, Christoph, and a dozen of volunteers have joined forces. We currently hunting down the bugs <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=123407&atid=696409>

              on a related note, Hugin's next version, 2009.2.0, is in beta now. GPU accelerated stitching (experimental).

              Yuv
            • Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 3, 2009
                Wow, Hugin went from version 0.8 to version 2009. :-)

                Jeffrey Martin
                tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin