Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Canon EOS 7D pics and specs leak out

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 2, 2009
      yes.
      CHDK for Canon compacts is an example. But nobody did it into other cameras.
      Minolta and Kodak did it with an open, freely programmable OS called
      digitaOS.
      http://lisas.de/digita/

      HACKERS is the right term. It has all the political, freedom and tough
      significance involved in it.
      CRACKERS are thieves, cryminals etc.
      Of course, governments and strong powers are far more afraid from HACKERS.

      --
      Luca Vascon.

      www.canalview.it
      www.officinepanottiche.com

    • Keith Martin
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 5, 2009
        Sometime around 4/9/09 (at 14:52 -0500) Trausti Hraunfjord said:

        >Olympus E-series do support this "tethered
        >shooting"... but I still haven't got a clue about what it means.

        Tethered shooting means it can be controlled from a connected (i.e.
        'tethered') computer, so you can set controls and take shots remotely
        rather than having to poke the dials and buttons on the camera itself.