Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Canon EOS 7D pics and specs leak out

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 2, 2009
      On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 09:43:22 +0900, Trausti Hraunfjord
      <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

      > There surely must be some good ... well... let's just call them
      > "hackers" or
      > "crackers" out there, that have been able to access the built-in software
      > (firmware) and change the default settings?
      >
      > In the case of Olympus, the range is only -1 0 +1 ... and that is of
      > course
      > far from being enough for anything serious.

      I spent the afternoon with a photographer friend who has the new Olympus
      "Pen" micro 4/3 camera, with the 17mm "prime" and the set zoom. His
      comment was that he loved the weight, functions and general "feel" of
      the camera but found it a big step back in terms of dynamic range. He
      and I compared shots (with my D300) and the Olympus lost out every time.

      That made me sad, as dymnamic range is so important for panoramas.

      Roger W

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com
    • Keith Martin
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 5, 2009
        Sometime around 4/9/09 (at 14:52 -0500) Trausti Hraunfjord said:

        >Olympus E-series do support this "tethered
        >shooting"... but I still haven't got a clue about what it means.

        Tethered shooting means it can be controlled from a connected (i.e.
        'tethered') computer, so you can set controls and take shots remotely
        rather than having to poke the dials and buttons on the camera itself.