AW: [PanoToolsNG] Pole pano of a duck

  • ptgroup
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
      Great pano !
      What setup & eauipment did you use ?
      I´m just serious because of the really good sun.
      Ciao
      Mike
      ----------------------------
      360° VR Fotografie:
      http://www.360de.de

      NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
      http://www.abstraktfoto.de
      -----------------------------
      Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
      http://virtugraf.wordpress.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
        That duck made my day! ;-)
        Thanks!

        At 10:32 AM 9/2/2009, you wrote:

        >Well, when I went up to photograph the giant duck I didn't realize
        >how close he was to the edge. I thought I would do a standard pano
        >with my tripod etc. but for some reason I did drag along my poles
        >and boy I am glad I did. When I got there I couldn't see his glasses
        >over the beak so the the tripod idea was out. I put together my
        >poles which gives me about 12' tall on my camera which got my
        >viewpoint up high enough to see the face. It was kinda' windy so the
        >duck was shaking around and I am basically handholding and rotating
        >the pole hoping to keep it steady enough to avoid a nightmare
        >stitch. I did shoot some brackets but I was able to pull this
        >together from just 1 series and made 2 exposures from the original
        >RAW files. I did have to shoot 6 around and then bring down my pole
        >and move the camera to the up position and then raise the pole back
        >up and hoped to get it close enough to the original position for the
        >up shot. Anyway it wasn't too bad just s ome minor retouching with
        >the skew tool to get some lines back together. I also had to
        >reconstruct the area where I was standing and remove my shadow from the duck.
        ><http://360around.com>http://360around.com
        >
        >ronrack

      • Eduardo Hutter
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009