Re: Pole pano of a duck

  • jrgen_schrader
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
      very cool!
      thats what sphericals are made for :)

      thanks for sharing
      jürgen
    • ptgroup
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
        Great pano !
        What setup & eauipment did you use ?
        I´m just serious because of the really good sun.
        Ciao
        Mike
        ----------------------------
        360° VR Fotografie:
        http://www.360de.de

        NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
        http://www.abstraktfoto.de
        -----------------------------
        Aktuelles vom Virtugrafen:
        http://virtugraf.wordpress.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
          That duck made my day! ;-)
          Thanks!

          At 10:32 AM 9/2/2009, you wrote:

          >Well, when I went up to photograph the giant duck I didn't realize
          >how close he was to the edge. I thought I would do a standard pano
          >with my tripod etc. but for some reason I did drag along my poles
          >and boy I am glad I did. When I got there I couldn't see his glasses
          >over the beak so the the tripod idea was out. I put together my
          >poles which gives me about 12' tall on my camera which got my
          >viewpoint up high enough to see the face. It was kinda' windy so the
          >duck was shaking around and I am basically handholding and rotating
          >the pole hoping to keep it steady enough to avoid a nightmare
          >stitch. I did shoot some brackets but I was able to pull this
          >together from just 1 series and made 2 exposures from the original
          >RAW files. I did have to shoot 6 around and then bring down my pole
          >and move the camera to the up position and then raise the pole back
          >up and hoped to get it close enough to the original position for the
          >up shot. Anyway it wasn't too bad just s ome minor retouching with
          >the skew tool to get some lines back together. I also had to
          >reconstruct the area where I was standing and remove my shadow from the duck.
          ><http://360around.com>http://360around.com
          >
          >ronrack

        • Eduardo Hutter
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009