Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Canon EOS 7D pics and specs leak out

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 1 5:43 PM
      There surely must be some good ... well... let's just call them "hackers" or
      "crackers" out there, that have been able to access the built-in software
      (firmware) and change the default settings?

      In the case of Olympus, the range is only -1 0 +1 ... and that is of course
      far from being enough for anything serious.

      When digital cameras run on software, it has to be possible to access and
      change the data to fit one's personal needs, when the producers don't
      provide it.

      Trausti

      On Sep 1, 2009 2:09pm, luca vascon <vascon@...> wrote:
      > frustrating...
      > to have a -2 0 +2 range in a 8 shots pano, I mean.

      > 2009/9/1 Matthew Rogers matthew@...>
      >> It would be good if you could
      > > expand it to 2ev I guess but apart from that limitation it works well.

      > > On 1 Sep 2009, at 09:18, panoramicsdk wrote:
      > > > Still no intelligent bracketing. Same -2+2EV

    • Keith Martin
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 5 3:26 AM
        Sometime around 4/9/09 (at 14:52 -0500) Trausti Hraunfjord said:

        >Olympus E-series do support this "tethered
        >shooting"... but I still haven't got a clue about what it means.

        Tethered shooting means it can be controlled from a connected (i.e.
        'tethered') computer, so you can set controls and take shots remotely
        rather than having to poke the dials and buttons on the camera itself.