Latest Enfuse

  • pangeasoft
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
      Does anyone know where I can find the latest version of Enfuse for the Mac? Seems the version from December 2008 crashes on the new Snow Leopard (MacOS 10.6), so I'm hoping there's a newer version out there that doesn't do that.

      Thanks,

      -Brian
    • Willy Kaemena
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
        Brian
        I just ran a test of your Bracketeer on 10.6 without any problem.

        Willy Kaemena

        http://360cities.net/profile/willy-kaemena
        http://360cities.net/area/damascus-syria
        http://360cities.net/area/bremen-germany
        http://360cities.net/area/rio-de-janeiro-brazil-2
        http://360cities.net/area/lisbon-portugal

        On Sep 2, 2009, at 2:11, pangeasoft wrote:

        > Does anyone know where I can find the latest version of Enfuse for
        > the Mac? Seems the version from December 2008 crashes on the new
        > Snow Leopard (MacOS 10.6), so I'm hoping there's a newer version out
        > there that doesn't do that.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > -Brian

      • pangeasoft
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
          Bracketeer 3.3 will crash if you start fiddling with the sliders. The problem is that Enfuse randomly has problems writing out TIFF files on 10.6. Lots of errors get written to the console, and the resulting TIFF file is corrupt. So corrupt that it'll actually cause even Photoshop to crash if you try to load it.

          The temporary solution was to release Bracketeer 3.3.1 last night which saves out the files as JPEG since Enfuse seems to be able to do that okay on 10.6. It is a 100% quality JPEG, so there shouldn't be any noticeable artifacting, but I'm hoping I can find a version of Enfuse which can write out TIFF files on Snow Leopard.

          -Brian

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

          > Brian
          > I just ran a test of your Bracketeer on 10.6 without any problem.

        • Keith Martin
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
            Sometime around 2/9/09 (at 12:42 +0000) pangeasoft said:

            >It is a 100% quality JPEG, so there shouldn't be any noticeable artifacting

            Good luck Brian. I prefer to stick to a 16-bit TIFF workflow wherever
            possible, so I might even hold back on upgrading to 10.6 (Gasps from
            the crowd... I'm normally the first to dive in) until there's a fix.

          • Willy Kaemena
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
              Dont fiddle with the controls in Bracketeer and you will get a 16bit
              tiff output without any problem under 10.6, well at least I could
              achieve that.

              Willy

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
                Sometime around 2/9/09 (at 15:14 +0200) Willy Kaemena said:

                >Dont fiddle with the controls in Bracketeer

                Good advice. Now that you mention it I rarely do fiddle, and if I
                need a general lighter or darker bias I just add a second instance of
                one of the images. A somewhat simplistic method, but it works. :-)

                10.6, here I come...

              • Roger Howard
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
                  On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 12:42:05 -0000, "pangeasoft" <brian@...>
                  wrote:
                  > Bracketeer 3.3 will crash if you start fiddling with the sliders. The
                  > problem is that Enfuse randomly has problems writing out TIFF files on
                  > 10.6. Lots of errors get written to the console, and the resulting TIFF
                  > file is corrupt. So corrupt that it'll actually cause even Photoshop to
                  > crash if you try to load it.
                  >
                  > The temporary solution was to release Bracketeer 3.3.1 last night which
                  > saves out the files as JPEG since Enfuse seems to be able to do that okay
                  > on 10.6. It is a 100% quality JPEG, so there shouldn't be any noticeable
                  > artifacting, but I'm hoping I can find a version of Enfuse which can
                  write
                  > out TIFF files on Snow Leopard.

                  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all you have built over the years and have
                  no animus towards you for building Bracketeer (quite the opposite, have
                  recommended it several times), but isn't this a *perfect* case of where a
                  commercial vendor leveraging open source might want to give back by helping
                  fix enfuse (or at least make a good build) for the rest of us, rather than
                  waiting for someone else to do it?

                  -Roger
                • yuval_levy
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Roger Howard <rogerhoward@...> wrote:
                    > fix enfuse (or at least make a good build) for the rest of us, rather
                    > than waiting for someone else to do it?

                    enfuse, and its twin sibling enblend, are undergoing major changes at the moment. Release 4.0 is around the corner. Andrew, Christoph, and a dozen of volunteers have joined forces. We currently hunting down the bugs <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=123407&atid=696409>

                    on a related note, Hugin's next version, 2009.2.0, is in beta now. GPU accelerated stitching (experimental).

                    Yuv
                  • Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 3, 2009
                      Wow, Hugin went from version 0.8 to version 2009. :-)

                      Jeffrey Martin
                      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin