Re: Settlement for Professor that was taking photos from public land.

  • texas360dave
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2009

      Your comment is timely to our next WWP event 17 -21 September "Performing Arts". If you do not have access to this WWP Yahoo Groups List may I copy and repost it there ?

      Thank you in advance
      /s/
      Dave

      http://360texas.com

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jscancella2003" <jim@...> wrote:

      > Just an FYI. Taking pictures of objects or people in plain view is not a crime. An art professor who was frisked, handcuffed and detained for taking photos of power lines in Snhomish WA. just received an $8,000 (US) settlement after the U.S. District Court in Seattle found that the officers "lacked a reasonable justification for their aggressive tactics in completely restraining [Professor] Scheier's personal liberty." Professor Scheier was detained in the back of a police car for nearly an hour, after taking pictures of towers at a substation, even after she explained who she was and what she was doing.

    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2009
        Sometime around 31/8/09 (at 19:53 +0000) texas360dave said:

        >If you do not have access to this WWP Yahoo Groups List may I copy
        >and repost it there ?

        Even more importantly than that, if you don't have access to the WWP
        list, we'd love to have you join and take part in the quarterly
        events!