Re: Canon EOS 7D pics and specs leak out

  • panoramicsdk
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 31, 2009
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net" <360cities@...> wrote:

      > http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/29/canon-eos-7d-pics-and-specs-leak-out/
      >
      > via Engadget by Paul Miller on 8/29/09
      > We saw the top, we saw the poster, and now it looks like we've got
      > more or less the whole deal: Canon's EOS 7D has been leaked in (most
      > of) its gory detail. At the heart there's an 18 megapixel sensor and
      > dual DIGIC 4 processors, which shoots stills at 8 FPS with ISO from
      > 100 to 6400 and a special 12800 ISO mode. The 3-inch LCD has a 920,000
      > dot resolution, while the viewfinder offers 100% coverage and a
      > built-in digital level. Naturally the camera picks up the HD movie
      > capabilities of the 5D, but no word on how it might expand upon them
      > just yet. All this info has been gleaned from a Chinese forum, so
      > we're still obviously awaiting on official word from Canon -- but if
      > the rapid leakage rate is any indication, it can't be too far off.

      Ha, Ha
      They all fight on giving it their own specifications. 12 - 15.1 -18 mp
      Fullframe, APS and I even found one saying a 1.45 sensor

      I go for a 1.3 crop. It would be an ideal camera for a Sigma 8mm 3shots
      Or Tokina 10mm 4 shots.

      Hans
    • Keith Martin
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 5, 2009
        Sometime around 4/9/09 (at 14:52 -0500) Trausti Hraunfjord said:

        >Olympus E-series do support this "tethered
        >shooting"... but I still haven't got a clue about what it means.

        Tethered shooting means it can be controlled from a connected (i.e.
        'tethered') computer, so you can set controls and take shots remotely
        rather than having to poke the dials and buttons on the camera itself.