Canon EOS 7D pics and specs leak out

  • Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 31, 2009
      http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/29/canon-eos-7d-pics-and-specs-leak-out/

      via Engadget by Paul Miller on 8/29/09
      We saw the top, we saw the poster, and now it looks like we've got
      more or less the whole deal: Canon's EOS 7D has been leaked in (most
      of) its gory detail. At the heart there's an 18 megapixel sensor and
      dual DIGIC 4 processors, which shoots stills at 8 FPS with ISO from
      100 to 6400 and a special 12800 ISO mode. The 3-inch LCD has a 920,000
      dot resolution, while the viewfinder offers 100% coverage and a
      built-in digital level. Naturally the camera picks up the HD movie
      capabilities of the 5D, but no word on how it might expand upon them
      just yet. All this info has been gleaned from a Chinese forum, so
      we're still obviously awaiting on official word from Canon -- but if
      the rapid leakage rate is any indication, it can't be too far off.
    • Keith Martin
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 5, 2009
        Sometime around 4/9/09 (at 14:52 -0500) Trausti Hraunfjord said:

        >Olympus E-series do support this "tethered
        >shooting"... but I still haven't got a clue about what it means.

        Tethered shooting means it can be controlled from a connected (i.e.
        'tethered') computer, so you can set controls and take shots remotely
        rather than having to poke the dials and buttons on the camera itself.