Re: Help with stitching errors please

  • panoramicsdk
    Message 1 of 27 , Aug 28 12:20 AM
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "robertsladeuk" <robert@...> wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "panoramicsdk" <hans@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The shift is the misalignment your sensor has. There are no cameras that have the sensor exactly at the centre of the lens. It does not affect any common photographers but for the pano photographer it is a very important factor.
      >
      > Hans,
      >
      > Thanks for the explanation - it makes a lot of sense and helps me understand what I might have been doing wrong.
      >
      > Previously, I've aligned the centre of the NN5 head in the viewfinder (or sometimes by using Liveview at 10x magnification). Looking at the image files with a CS3 grid applied, there is an apparent shift.
      >
      > Probably the best way to align the head is to ensure the NN5 markings are in the centre of the image file, not the viewfinder or liveview screen?

      The problem with a misaligned sensor does not affect the NPP much. With your sensor which had a shift of 30 pixels it would be only 0.24mm.

      The problem is the difference in warping which should be done from the actual lens centre. This is why correcting for this by optimizing the shift is so important.

      If you use a fisheye with visible circle you can set the cropcircle manually to fit exactly the circle and this should correct for the sensor shift. But you can not do that on fullframe fisheyes or rectilinear images.