Re: [PanoToolsNG] An inexpensive panorama camera?

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 21, 2009
      On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 23:15:36 +0900, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...>
      wrote:

      > Roger as my iphone is my first mobile phone with a cam I cannot
      > compare it to others

      Ah, there I had the advantage over you, having had a good camera in the
      Casio (for the two years preceding my iPhone) and a passably good one
      in the Sharp I had for two years before that.

      The iPhone 3G I would class with the Sharp. The 3GS sounds as if if
      may have caught up with or even surpassed the Casio, which also had
      video capabilities. Oh, and a MACRO focus mode. Japanese mobile phones
      are way ahead still.

      > but the resolution of my new iPhone 3GS is 2048x1536 for photos and
      > it has autofocus and manual focus too !

      The addition of manual focus is nice.

      > And I am more than satisfied with the video capabilities 640x480
      > which is good for many internet purposes
      > here an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOj9eITzb44 ( crossing
      > the river Elbe in Dresden )

      That's very nice and, as you say, quite enough for some web purposes,
      although I was hoping for HD that I might be able to use for panorama
      stitching.

      > and there is an app called Panolab which can make panos, quite funny

      Hmmm. I'd like to see THAT!

      Roger W/

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com