Stitchless test from the other side of the world (far far from Timisoara)

  • dorindxn
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 20, 2009
      Hi all, Smooth was very kind and made a test of six shoots with 5D MK2 and Sigma 8mm on R1 and provided the jpegs to me.
      After some talking and processing from my little 1KG MSI notebook here is the result

      http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/Smooth5D2Sig8

      cheers, Dorin
      www.livepanoramas.com
    • Trausti Hraunfjord
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 20, 2009
        This crashed FF+PC+XP+SP3
        A definite no-go on FF
        It worked on IE for viewing it, but when IE was closed, there came a memory
        error message. Two attempts, same thing both times.

        See attached screenshot of the error.

        Trausti

        On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM, dorindxn <Dorin@...> wrote:

        > Hi all, Smooth was very kind and made a test of six shoots with 5D MK2 and
        > Sigma 8mm on R1 and provided the jpegs to me.
        > After some talking and processing from my little 1KG MSI notebook here is
        > the result
        >
        > http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/Smooth5D2Sig8
        >
        > cheers, Dorin
        > www.livepanoramas.com

      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 20, 2009
          It works perfect here MAC 10.5.7Safari 4.0.2

          best
          AYRTON

          On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord <
          trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

          > This crashed FF+PC+XP+SP3
          > A definite no-go on FF
          > It worked on IE for viewing it, but when IE was closed, there came a memory
          > error message. Two attempts, same thing both times.
          >
          > See attached screenshot of the error.
          >
          > Trausti
          >
          > On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM, dorindxn <Dorin@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Hi all, Smooth was very kind and made a test of six shoots with 5D MK2
          > and
          > > Sigma 8mm on R1 and provided the jpegs to me.
          > > After some talking and processing from my little 1KG MSI notebook here is
          > > the result
          > >
          > > http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/Smooth5D2Sig8
          > >
          > > cheers, Dorin
          > > www.livepanoramas.com

          ------------
          | A Y R |
          | T O N |
        • Philipp B. Koch
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 20, 2009
            Trausti Hraunfjord schrieb:
            > This crashed FF+PC+XP+SP3
            > A definite no-go on FF
            > It worked on IE for viewing it, but when IE was closed, there came a memory
            > error message. Two attempts, same thing both times.
            >
            > See attached screenshot of the error.
            >
            > Trausti

            Worked just fine on my EeePC (!) 1000H, 2 GB RAM, Xp Home SP3, Firefox
            3.5.2 (= latest).
            No problems what so ever.

            Nice work! Regards, Philipp

            >> Hi all, Smooth was very kind and made a test of six shoots with 5D MK2 and
            >> Sigma 8mm on R1 and provided the jpegs to me.
            >> After some talking and processing from my little 1KG MSI notebook here is
            >> the result
            >>
            >> http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/Smooth5D2Sig8
            >>
            >> cheers, Dorin
            >> www.livepanoramas.com

          • luca vascon
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 20, 2009
              I think this technique is really interesting...
              But in a different direction from the one you are all taking it!!!
              I'd go with 12 shots, even in a lower resolution, to enfathize the timelapse
              component`of this kind of pictures. asap I will try with some ideas I've in
              mind.
              I'd say 12 shots at 4 mpixel.
              So, shoot jpg in low resolution with vertically mounted 8mm, but
              interesting, live scene!!!
              The ones from ptmeeting were really leading me to this.
              I appreciate deval solution with upper and lower limits.
              CIAO!!
              Luca.

              2009/8/20 dorindxn <Dorin@...>

              > Hi all, Smooth was very kind and made a test of six shoots with 5D MK2 and
              > Sigma 8mm on R1 and provided the jpegs to me.
              > After some talking and processing from my little 1KG MSI notebook here is
              > the result
              >
              > http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/Smooth5D2Sig8
              >
              > cheers, Dorin
              > www.livepanoramas.com

            • dorindxn
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 20, 2009
                Hi All sorry for the crashes, on mne computers DevalVR crashes too, must be something with the current version of the plugin hope will be fixed ASAP

                you can use the flash link
                http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/Smooth5D2Sig8/flash.html

                Hi Luca, While is possible with 12 photos, almost 1.5 years ago John Houghton was kind and provided me 12 photos and first test were with 12 photos now I'm using only 6 photos.
                Camera can be mounted in poratrait position but then the zoom out must be limited to not see the edges, so on crop is better in landscape.
                The tests at the panottools meeting were with 5D.

                I think I wasn't provided enough infos about the timelapse, when I said that is a side/unwanted effect I was reffering to the panning and timelapse.
                The timelapse alone has a special treatement and contribute to the "live" I already introduced "view" [1] 2 3 .. feature
                The event at the Panotools meeting with the indoor theather performance already has this implemented in DevalVR
                http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/PTTMV-Vview/DevalVR.html
                select the entry 13:02 for instance, then press the keys 1..4
                Also the time from exif will be used to automatically switch the views in the near future
                (not implemented yet)

                cheers, Dorin
                www.livepanoramas.com

                > I think this technique is really interesting...
                > But in a different direction from the one you are all taking it!!!
                > I'd go with 12 shots, even in a lower resolution, to enfathize the timelapse
                > component`of this kind of pictures. asap I will try with some ideas I've in
                > mind.
                > I'd say 12 shots at 4 mpixel.
                > So, shoot jpg in low resolution with vertically mounted 8mm, but
                > interesting, live scene!!!
                > The ones from ptmeeting were really leading me to this.
                > I appreciate deval solution with upper and lower limits.
                > CIAO!!
                > Luca.
                >

                > 2009/8/20 dorindxn <Dorin@...>
                >

                > > Hi all, Smooth was very kind and made a test of six shoots with 5D MK2 and
                > > Sigma 8mm on R1 and provided the jpegs to me.
                > > After some talking and processing from my little 1KG MSI notebook here is
                > > the result
                > >
                > > http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/Smooth5D2Sig8
                > >
                > > cheers, Dorin
                > > www.livepanoramas.com

              • Jim Watters
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 21, 2009
                  dorindxn wrote:
                  > Hi All sorry for the crashes, on my computers DevalVR crashes too, must be something with the current version of the plugin hope will be fixed ASAP

                  If it opens a new tab or window then it crashes Firefox. This happens
                  if I click the link in my email. But if I copy and past the link into
                  addressbar it works.

                  > The timelapse alone has a special treatement and contribute to the "live" I already introduced "view" [1] 2 3 .. feature
                  > The event at the Panotools meeting with the indoor theather performance already has this implemented in DevalVR
                  > http://www.livepanoramas.com/event/PTTMV-Vview/DevalVR.html
                  > select the entry 13:02 for instance, then press the keys 1..4
                  > Also the time from exif will be used to automatically switch the views in the near future
                  > (not implemented yet)
                  >
                  > cheers, Dorin
                  > www.livepanoramas.com

                  I missed this the previous times I looked at PTTMV. Not all times have
                  additional views and not all directions. It is cool. The download times
                  seem like they have improved since the last time I viewed these.

                  My desires is to use this kind of viewer with truly "live" streaming
                  images from a multi-camera panorama setup.
                  Only the images of the camera of the direction being viewed needs to be
                  downloaded.

                  I was doing some experimenting with krpano last night. The images do
                  not line up well because the hot-spot images are not treated as
                  fisheye. Next is to switch from still images to animated movies and see
                  how well they all stay in sync.

                  Jim Watters
                  http://photocreations.ca
                • Carlos Chegado - www.carloschegado.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 1, 2009
                    Hi Dorin,

                    Just returned from vacation and I am reading the old mails but I must
                    say I am enjoying these panos so much, thank you!
                    Specially the 13:02 pano with the time lapse is very good.
                    I don't like so much to have to click the keys to switch between views,
                    maybe some kind of automated switch would be possible to implement.
                    Anyway, keep surprising us!

                    Os melhores cumprimentos,
                    Best regards,

                    Carlos Chegado