Dassault Falcon 900EX interactive visit with KrPano.

  • ziegler_benjamin
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 10, 2009
      Here is my last public project. I've done an A319 Corporate jet last week but the client doesn't want it to be public :(

      This one is the first of a long list for TAG aviation (private corporate airline).

      I've used many features of KrPano :
      Plan with a radar
      Carrousel
      Demo mode
      Gallery
      3D videos

      Tell me what you think ;)

      PS : how to add a simple URL in a post ????
    • Ron Rack
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 10, 2009
        Very nice project. I love what you can do with KRPano. The only
        problem I had was it seemed that the "friction" setting is too high
        for my preference. It is almost painful to try to get the panos to
        spin around. I had to leave the tour before I looked at all the panos
        because of that.

        sincerely
        Ron Rack
        http://360around.com

        On Aug 10, 2009, at 10:01 AM, ziegler_benjamin wrote:

        > Here is my last public project. I've done an A319 Corporate jet last
        > week but the client doesn't want it to be public :(
        >
        > This one is the first of a long list for TAG aviation (private
        > corporate airline).
        >
        > I've used many features of KrPano :
        > Plan with a radar
        > Carrousel
        > Demo mode
        > Gallery
        > 3D videos
        >
        > Tell me what you think ;)

        > a> <br>
        >
        > PS : how to add a simple URL in a post ????

      • Keith Martin
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 10, 2009
          Sometime around 10/8/09 (at 14:01 +0000) ziegler_benjamin said:

          >This one is the first of a long list for TAG aviation (private
          >corporate airline).

          Very nicely done. Congratulations on a very desirable project and a
          well-executed set of panoramas.

          My only comment is that the inertia seems rather high. I need a bit
          more patience than normal to look around, and some visitors might not
          stay the course. (Other things such as the show/hide map action could
          be a little faster too, in my opinion.)

          Oh, and there's a smudge on the sofa. :-)

          >PS : how to add a simple URL in a post ????

          Just put it in as a fully-qualified URL, including the appropriate
          prefix. As in http://www.bziegler.com/ftp/tag/

          Simples! (As the meercat says.)

        • ziegler_benjamin
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 10, 2009
            Thanks for this info :)

            Seens you are not the only one to complain about theses parameters ;)
            I've made them more sensitive but not to much either.

            Some of my clients who are not very "familiar" with mouse control (yes there are some still) complained about control that where to sensitive :(

            What settings do you use guys ?

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 10, 2009
              That works better for me now. It doesn't seem like such a struggle to
              get it to pan around.
              I don't use KRPano so I don't know what to tell you as far what to set
              it on.

              Ron Rack

              On Aug 10, 2009, at 12:28 PM, ziegler_benjamin wrote:

              > Thanks for this info :)
              >
              > Seens you are not the only one to complain about theses parameters ;)
              > I've made them more sensitive but not to much either.
              >
              > Some of my clients who are not very "familiar" with mouse control
              > (yes there are some still) complained about control that where to
              > sensitive :(
              >
              > What settings do you use guys ?
              >
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ron Rack <ronrack@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Very nice project. I love what you can do with KRPano. The only
              > > problem I had was it seemed that the "friction" setting is too high
              > > for my preference. It is almost painful to try to get the panos to
              > > spin around. I had to leave the tour before I looked at all the
              > panos
              > > because of that.
              > >
              > > sincerely
              > > Ron Rack
              > > http://360around.com
              > >

              > > On Aug 10, 2009, at 10:01 AM, ziegler_benjamin wrote:
              > >
              > > > Here is my last public project. I've done an A319 Corporate jet
              > last
              > > > week but the client doesn't want it to be public :(
              > > >
              > > > This one is the first of a long list for TAG aviation (private
              > > > corporate airline).
              > > >
              > > > I've used many features of KrPano :
              > > > Plan with a radar
              > > > Carrousel
              > > > Demo mode
              > > > Gallery
              > > > 3D videos
              > > >
              > > > Tell me what you think ;)

              > > > a> <br>
              > > >
              > > > PS : how to add a simple URL in a post ????

            • Bernhard Vogl
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 10, 2009
                Hello Benjamin,

                I may not be known as the one who makes the most breathtaking VR
                experiences, but you may be interested in some constructive criticism,
                so here are some points that got my attention:

                positive:
                - Your tour compliation is an excellent sample of a highly integrated
                tour. Good optics and a more than complete package to play with for more
                than just a few seconds!
                - The floor plan is extremely helpful (especially inside the plane) and
                would deserve a visibility by default.
                - the image quality of the panoramas is flawless and above normal
                negative:
                - extended dynamic range photography has already reached public
                awareness. A high class virtual tour of static scenery should take this
                into account. No glaring white windows or sky.
                - The image from outside with the guy and the toolbox may be a nice idea
                but may appear mis-placed for the intended customer as it causes
                negative associations. ;-) The images inside, on the other hand,
                could need some more pep....
                - I know that most VR old stagers really like the VR mode, but i'm
                absolutely positive that first-timers appreciate drag mode. All major
                Flash-based players like KRpano or Pano2VR offer drag mode and you
                should present this alternative to your customer.
                - I'm a "good-UI" fetishist ;-) Common controls like a "close"-button
                in the gallery should be made highly visible.

                Best regards
                Bernhard
                ziegler_benjamin schrieb:

                P.S.: Link: reduce

                to:

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 10, 2009
                  Sometime around 10/8/09 (at 20:53 +0200) Bernhard Vogl said:

                  >No glaring white windows or sky.

                  The glaring white windows were fine by me; they seem to be a simple,
                  creative and effective way of eliminating what was probably a
                  distracting image of the inside of the hangar. HDR (and compressed
                  dynamic range treatment) is not the only fruit. :-)

                  >- I know that most VR old stagers really like the VR mode, but i'm
                  >absolutely positive that first-timers appreciate drag mode.

                  Personally I don't think this is a good thing. Real newcomers have
                  trouble no matter *which* way it works. And if they're made
                  accustomed to the inherently limiting drag-mode method they'll be
                  foxed yet again when faced with what is really the most common method
                  *and* one that ultimately offers far more flexible control.

                  Erm... rant off? :-)

                • Bernhard Vogl
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 10, 2009
                    > Erm... rant off? :-)

                    Creative thinking lives from different views, expressed during an open
                    discussion.
                    If a brainwave syncronizer would be used, this list wouldn't make much
                    sense any more.... :-)
                  • Keith Martin
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 10, 2009
                      Sometime around 10/8/09 (at 21:38 +0200) Bernhard Vogl said:

                      >If a brainwave syncronizer would be used, this list wouldn't make much
                      >sense any more.... :-)

                      I concur. (uh-oh...)

                    • ziegler_benjamin
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 11, 2009
                        Thanks all for your opinions and idea :)

                        I'm afraid a 2nd way to manipulate would lost new users !

                        For the exterior, i'll try at least to be sure that there is no human on the field ;) Of course i wished the place was more "glamour" but i can't handle that.

                        For the white windows, i could of course have use HDR (in fact i did for interiors. 3 bracket -1,0,+1) but it didn't looked that good !

                        I proposed once to replace the exterior by an aerial view. It was looking perfect but the client didn't like the empty cockpit(no pilot). Said it was looking dangerous !!!!

                        And yes maybe i'll leave the plan visible by default :)

                        Thanks
                      • m_c_r_a_n_e
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 11, 2009
                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "ziegler_benjamin" <contact@...> wrote:

                          > Thanks all for your opinions and idea :)
                          >
                          > I'm afraid a 2nd way to manipulate would lost new users !
                          >
                          > For the exterior, i'll try at least to be sure that there is no human on the field ;) Of course i wished the place was more "glamour" but i can't handle that.
                          >
                          > For the white windows, i could of course have use HDR (in fact i did for interiors. 3 bracket -1,0,+1) but it didn't looked that good !
                          >
                          > I proposed once to replace the exterior by an aerial view. It was looking perfect but the client didn't like the empty cockpit(no pilot). Said it was looking dangerous !!!!
                          >
                          > And yes maybe i'll leave the plan visible by default :)
                          >
                          > Thanks

                          I like the arrows being in perspective rather than plonked on top helps them to integrate well.

                          regards

                          mick