Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: There's been discussion here about the ideal simple camera...

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 8, 2009
      On 8 Aug 2009 at 10:14, Roger D. Williams wrote:

      > On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 19:37:03 +0900, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > On 7 Aug 2009 at 15:35, Roger D. Williams wrote:
      > >

      > >> The 4.5mm circular fisheye is f/2.8, has a 12.3mm image circle, and
      > >> costs WELL OVER USD1,000!
      > >
      > > If it has a 12.3mm image circle I guess it should be full circular also
      > > on the 4/3s
      > > 18x13.5mm sensor?
      > > Guess a Sunex would be a better choice then, with its 14.5mm image
      > > circle - unless you
      > > really want a full-circle fisheye for 2-shot panos?
      > > The Sunex is cheaper too :)
      >
      > Yes, just about a full circle. But two-shot panos are of no interest
      > to me, so yes, I like the look of the Sunex! If I could accurately
      > position shots 120 degrees apart, three-shot panos wouold interest
      > me, but currently I find it easier to shoot four-shot.
      >
      > A Sunex (given the right adaptor) would make a really light and compact
      > panorama setup.

      What worries me a bit is if the lack of a focus setting might cause problems when used
      with an adapter on a non-Nikon body, like the m4/3s?
      Will it still be in focus?
      The FAQ mentions focus adjustment, but only refers to section 5 in the lens manual, which
      unfortunately doesn't seem to be available for download. Neither do they have any email
      for questions/support :-(