KImageFuser: an Enfuse/align_image_stack gui for Linux - version 0.3.0

  • Harry van der Wolf
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
      Hi Linux users,

      KImageFuser is a graphical interface for enfuse and align_image_stack for
      Linux.
      I just published KImageFuser 0.3.0. See for downloads, screenshots and
      changelog my KImageFuser pages at <
      http://panorama.dyndns.org/index.php?lang=en&subject=KImageFuser&texttag=KImagefuser
      >.

      As also mentioned in the previous 2 mails (last one
      here<http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/browse_thread/thread/94ed2e873417833c/40f9de2899a55962?lnk=gst&q=kimagefuser#40f9de2899a55962>
      ):
      KImageFuser is a graphical interface for enfuse and align_image_stack. It
      uses convert (ImageMagick) as a prerequisite tool and Exiftool as
      supplementary tool.
      You might or might not know that I'm the builder/creator of
      ImageFuser<http://panorama.dyndns.org/index.php?lang=en&subject=ImageFuser&texttag=Imagefuser>for
      MacOSX. Roughly 3½ weeks ago, and one week before my holidays started,
      my MacBook crashed as I reported
      here<http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/t/1a21c7299ee4c17>.
      I went on holidays with a (cheap) laptop running Kubuntu linux.
      Now that I'm back on Linux and being myself a frequent user of ImageFuser, I
      found that there's no enfuse gui for Linux.
      So I started writing
      KImageFuser<http://panorama.dyndns.org/index.php?lang=en&subject=KImageFuser&texttag=KImagefuser>using
      kommander <http://kommander.kdewebdev.org/> to be able to enfuse my holiday
      images and preview what they were going to look like.

      KImageFuser is GPLed Open Source and you can use it in any form. As it is a
      script you can even modify and improve it yourself. If you do, please let me
      know as I like to benefit from it too.

      Hoi,
      Harry

      Changelog since 0.2:

      0.3.0 06 August 2009
      - Added thumbs of source images to source images table (column with thumb,
      column with path name.
      I had to increase the window size to 980x635 to have a good image table.
      - Added "bracketed" tux as starting image.
      - Set "path" column width to 800. This will always fit the image name and path.
      - Added rotate clockwise/counterclockwise buttons below (image) table to rotate
      thumbs.

      0.2.2 28 July 2009
      - Bugfix: Batch enfuse was sometimes not correct when
      align_image_stack was used.
      - Added "Image Info" buttons below tables. These buttons will open an external
      text editor (which should be selected in the Settings tab) and it will show
      all available EXIF information for that image. (Kommander doesn't have a
      popup function that can hold enough text).
      - Added "Exit" button also on batch tab (just for convenience)
      - Found "set table colum width" function (not a table function !?)
      - Increased width of table to better show long path/file names.
      - Added rotate clockwise/counterclockwise buttons below preview.
      convert does not
      take image orientation into account when converting.

      0.2.1 26 July 2009
      - Removed the "oh so mysterious" Test button (sorry)
      - Added exiftool functionality. If you enable exiftool on the Settings tab
      (and you should have it installed off course), KImageFuser will now copy
      loads of EXIF info from one of the source images to the new image.
      - Changed Tab title of first tab from "Standard" to "Main".

    • crane@ukonline.co.uk
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
        Quoting Harry van der Wolf <hvdwolf@...>:

        > Hi Linux users,
        >
        > KImageFuser is a graphical interface for enfuse and align_image_stack for
        > Linux.
        is that K as in KDE ?
        regards

        mick

      • Harry van der Wolf
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
          Hi Mick,

          The K in KimageFuser can either be "KDE" ImageFuser or "Kommander"
          ImageFuser. Whatever you like. If you mean whether it is for Gnome, KDE or
          Xfce (which I use all three on several hardware components) or ICE or
          whatever: It does need the kdelibs and kdewebdev packages, but with that it
          can run within any X desktop environment.

          Harry

        • crane@ukonline.co.uk
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2009
            Quoting Harry van der Wolf <hvdwolf@...>:

            > Hi Mick,
            >
            > The K in KimageFuser can either be "KDE" ImageFuser or "Kommander"
            > ImageFuser. Whatever you like. If you mean whether it is for Gnome, KDE or
            > Xfce (which I use all three on several hardware components) or ICE or
            > whatever: It does need the kdelibs and kdewebdev packages, but with that it
            > can run within any X desktop environment.
            cool I just worried if my little laptop can cope with gnome and kde all at once :-)
            many thanks.
            mick