Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: OT - Rename Nth file in folder to name of folder

  • Matt Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
      That got me started I found an Applescript that got me close

      set the_folder to (choose folder)
      rename_files_inside(the_folder)

      on rename_files_inside(next_folder)
      tell application "Finder"
      set folder_name to name of next_folder
      set folder_contents to every item of next_folder
      repeat with each_item in folder_contents
      if kind of each_item is "folder" then
      my rename_files_inside(each_item)
      else
      set name of each_item to folder_name & ".jpg"

      end if
      end repeat
      end tell
      end rename_files_inside

      By luck, I needed the first file renamed, it stopped in each folder
      after the first. I had to then go get the new file, I didn't work on
      the copy function

      Matt Smith
      PhotoSpherix
      317.396.5791