PTGui always flips horizontally my nadir shot

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2009
      this has never happened before, but it is very frustrating. When I load my shots into a new PTGui for Mac (latest version and previous version), the last shot, the down shot, or Nadir (taken with a Nodal Ninja and a 16mm on a D700), that last shot, is always FLIPPED HORIZONTALLY. I can not understand why. I have even opened it in Photoshop, flipped it the opposite way, horizontally, than they way it should be, and it still come up wrong when loading it. How could this be? I have tried it on two different computers.

      anyone ever had this happen or have any idea what could be going on?
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2009
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <cm@...> wrote:

        > this has never happened before, but it is very frustrating. When I load my shots into a new PTGui for Mac (latest version and previous version), the last shot, the down shot, or Nadir (taken with a Nodal Ninja and a 16mm on a D700), that last shot, is always FLIPPED HORIZONTALLY. I can not understand why. I have even opened it in Photoshop, flipped it the opposite way, horizontally, than they way it should be, and it still come up wrong when loading it. How could this be? I have tried it on two different computers.
        >
        > anyone ever had this happen or have any idea what could be going on?

        You probably use autorotation in the camera.
        You should shoot Raw and always rotate all your images to portrait when converting.

        However if you use circular crop instead of fullframe you can also just leave the nadir as it is as it will then use the same field of view.