Re: Quicktime alternative works with QTVR (and probably 64bit)

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2009
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@...> wrote:

      > Why bother, Hans?
      > The best viewer for QTVR on WIN for both 32 and 64bit ist DevalVR.

      Yes but you need to recreate your pages.
      I have 2002-2007 as QTVR

      Then I can just as well do it in Flash.

      Hans

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2, 2009
        Hans Nyberg wrote:

        > > The best viewer for QTVR on WIN for both 32 and 64bit ist DevalVR.
        >
        > Yes but you need to recreate your pages.

        You can have convert2.php do it for you on-the-fly:
        http://dativ.at/brocap/index.html

        best regards
      • Bruno Postle
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2, 2009
          On Sun 02-Aug-2009 at 12:24 +0200, Jan Martin wrote:

          > Does anyone know how to play Quicktime panos on Ubuntu Linux?
          > So far the QuickTime Plug-in 7.2.0 (Totem 2.26.1) only plays
          > audio/video, but no panos.

          You can use freepv: http://freepv.sourceforge.net/ which has a
          mozilla/firefox plugin for viewing QTVR. Alternatively if you don't
          mind downloading the .mov file first, the Panini viewer works very
          well: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pvqt/

          After this year's Google Summer of Code has finished, VideoLan (VLC)
          should have support for QTVR - This is ideal as it will let you view
          both QuickTime movies and QTVR with the same browser plugin on all
          platforms.

          --
          Bruno
        • fierodeval
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2, 2009

            > Hans Nyberg wrote:
            >
            > > > The best viewer for QTVR on WIN for both 32 and 64bit ist DevalVR.
            > >
            > > Yes but you need to recreate your pages.
            >
            > You can have convert2.php do it for you on-the-fly:
            > http://dativ.at/brocap/index.html
            >
            > best regards
            > --
            > Erik Krause
            > http://www.erik-krause.de

            Erik, I think Hans speaks about to convert pages, not about to convert files.

            About QT Alternative, this is not a new program. QT Alternative is only a package with the Apple QuickTime DLL files in a lighter distribution. So, the browser plugin is exactly the same that Apple QuickTime. I don't know about the legality of to distribute this package, if you search "QT Alternative" on Internet you can see that there is not any company behind this package, the package is only in "donwloading codecs" pages. You can see in the installation folder, that all files are the same that Apple QuickTime, with the Apple copyright.

            regards!
            fiero
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2, 2009
              fierodeval wrote:

              > Erik, I think Hans speaks about to convert pages, not about to convert files

              convert2.php does convert HTML files aka pages. You would call it like that
              http://YOUR_URL/convert2.php?file=mypage.html&format=devr
              in order open mypage.html usinf DevalVR

              Some rewrite rules can shorten this to f.e.
              http://YOUR_URL/mypage.devr
              in order to open mypage.html and convert it to use with DevalVR.

              See http://pano.erik-krause.de/turm/turm_qt.devr (DevalVR) or
              http://pano.erik-krause.de/turm/turm_qt.htm (same page with QT) for an
              example.
              http://pano.erik-krause.de/turm/convert2.php?file=turm_qt.htm&format=devr
              is the not rewritten link.

              best regards
            • fierodeval
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 2, 2009
                oh!, excuse my misunderstanding, then convert2.php converts the html code. I see now, thanks!

                fiero

                > fierodeval wrote:
                >
                > > Erik, I think Hans speaks about to convert pages, not about to convert files
                >
                > convert2.php does convert HTML files aka pages. You would call it like that
                > http://YOUR_URL/convert2.php?file=mypage.html&format=devr
                > in order open mypage.html usinf DevalVR
                >
                > Some rewrite rules can shorten this to f.e.
                > http://YOUR_URL/mypage.devr
                > in order to open mypage.html and convert it to use with DevalVR.
                >
                > See http://pano.erik-krause.de/turm/turm_qt.devr (DevalVR) or
                > http://pano.erik-krause.de/turm/turm_qt.htm (same page with QT) for an
                > example.
                > http://pano.erik-krause.de/turm/convert2.php?file=turm_qt.htm&format=devr
                > is the not rewritten link.
                >
                > best regards
                > --
                > Erik Krause
                > http://www.erik-krause.de

              • fierodeval
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 8, 2009
                  Hi all,

                  In a previous message I told that the files of QT Alternative are the same that QuickTime official package developed by Apple, this is true, but I never tested this package in a 64bit OS. To be sure, I have installed QT Alternative (QT Lite) in a Windows XP 64bit today and the result is the same that QuickTime, it does not work.

                  regards!
                  fiero