Re: Realistic exterior views

    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 1 9:57 AM
      Erik Krause wrote:

      > (It seems as if the example is somehow broken, it loads sharp but gets
      > blurred then. But you can get the idea...)

      Some better examples:
      http://dativ.at/fotos/panoramas/adr/index.html

      best regards
    • erik leeman
      Message 33 of 33 , Aug 8 1:12 AM
        Hi Jann,
        Indeed mixed-light colour balance issues can really ruin interior panos with (or even without) outside views, but that was not the problem I was addressing in my posting.
        In real life our heads and eyes do not turn in a 'no parallax point' when we look around us, therefore everything we see seems to be moving in relation to everything else in view due to parallax. Of course our brain very cleverly 'repaints' this imaging chaos, so we are not too aware of this effect.
        But at the same time we do (unconsciously) use it to judge depth, especially for distant objects. This also works if you look with just one eye.
        In VR imaging we do our very best to eliminate parallax, there's no way around it for obvious reasons. But eliminating parallax has a serious drawback that becomes very apparent when you try to capture a room with a view. Of course stereo panos would solve everything, but we are not there yet, so a 'make do' solution would, for the time being, be very welcome. That was why I was thinking about creating separate layers etc. to simulate parallax. All to repair the 'exterior view pasted on the window' effect.
        Any suggestions on how to re-introduce depth parallax in a 360x180 degree panorama would be very welcome indeed!

        Kind regards,

        Erik Leeman

        (www.erikleeman.com - www.flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/)