Re: [PanoToolsNG] street view wannabe

  • Jan Martin
    Message 1 of 39 , Aug 1, 2009
      Hi Milo,

      nice project you have started.

      Please allow me to advise on the time of day to take the panoramas:

      Shooting in the early morning and at weekends does not work.

      Check out this panorama site of Oslo, Norway:
      http://kart.finn.no/?lng=10.7365&lat=59.91488&zoom=17&mapType=finnvector&streetview=true

      They toke the same approach as you, and shot most pictures in the early
      morning to avoid having to blur faces of people for privacy reasons.

      Unfortunately the site leaves a kind of "The day after" impression: Like
      there has been a nuclear war and nobody survived. No people to see.

      I don't know how you will solve this problem, just to alert you to this.

      Jan

      P.S.:
      I would like to work together with you and Wim to make free panosalado flash
      viewer work for these kind of "unlimited" tours. I hope you carry a GPS
      logger when shooting?

    • Keith Martin
      Message 39 of 39 , Aug 11, 2009
        Sometime around 11/8/09 (at 04:23 +0200) Jan Martin said:

        >result would be a spherical pano, not an immersive pano.

        You mean the result would be a cylindrical pano, right? You wouldn't
        get the full 180-degree vertical view with that setup.