street view wannabe

  • Milo
    Message 1 of 39 , Aug 1, 2009
      Hi,

      First of all I'd like to introduce myself (although iv'e been posting for quite a while now) I'm Milo a web developer, and panographer(?) from the philippines. I've been working on a street view project here in my country using a motorized pano head, a canon 450d and sigma 8mm (because i cant afford a 3 dslrs on an agnos mrotatorR, or a ladybug).

      My plan is to shoot the major city here (makati city) on weekends and early mornings when there are not much people around. When I can afford a one shot rig, then I will start shooting even with traffic.

      Here is the link of that test shots. I had to go down the car to press the button of the electronic box because the cord is not long enough to reach the interior of the car. And on the first shot that's when I put the camera on the roof, that's why i was on the ladder. :)

      http://www.360philippines.com/street-view/yen-street/

      It will eventually look like this

      http://www.360philippines.com/makati360/map.html

      That's it. Just sharing the link. Anyone here had a similar project? I know jan is working on diystreetview and wim on pano cycle. I also saw panodrive on 360cities.

      Thanks,
      Milo
    • Keith Martin
      Message 39 of 39 , Aug 11, 2009
        Sometime around 11/8/09 (at 04:23 +0200) Jan Martin said:

        >result would be a spherical pano, not an immersive pano.

        You mean the result would be a cylindrical pano, right? You wouldn't
        get the full 180-degree vertical view with that setup.